Are you one of the users who are getting continuously error 0x80072efd in windows 10 during the update PC with latest Operating System (OS). Do you know how to fix Windows 10 error 0x80072efd. If no, please follow the below methods carefully.
What is Windows 10 Error 0x80072efd
Windows 10 error 0x80072efd is an error message that can appear during the updating System Software, program installation, Windows Defender running, Windows start-up or shutdown or even dusting the installation of Windows Operating System. It usually comes up and shows network connectivity or server timeout. It may corrupt your System files and Windows registries as well as create shortcut icon and duplicate files as a same name.
Symptoms of Error 0x80072efd Windows 10
- Windows runs sluggish and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard.
- Defender E error 0x80072efd displayed in windows 10.
- Error 0x80072efd appears and crashes the active program Windows.
- Your PC frequently crashes with error 0x80072efd when running the same program.
- Your system periodically “freezes” for a few second at a time.
Causes of Error 0x80072efd Windows 10
- Corrupted system files
- Incorrectly install Office suite
- Conflict with other software
- Out-dated Windows
- Virus infections
- Corrupted Windows Registry Keys
- Malware and virus that has corrupted the program files.
- Another program mistakenly deleted.
- Corrupt download and incomplete installation Software.
Methods to Fix Error Code 0x80072efd Windows 10
It is extremely unlucky when Microsoft office helpful software does not work and prevents users from doing their work properly. However, here are a few Methods which will help you fix code 0x80072efd windows 10.
Method 1: Update PC Device Drivers
Error 0x80072efd Windows 10 can be cause using corrupted or out-dated device drivers. So users must be using always updating device drives.
- Download and install latest Driver.
- Run Driver, and then click Scan Now. Driver will scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your.
Method 2 : Disable Proxy
If you are using proxy to connect to the internet, firstly disable proxy. Use the following steps to disable that:
- Press the Windows Key + R together.
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” in the box and click the OK button.
- Go to “Connections” tab and click LAN Settings
- Check the box which says “Automatically detect settings” and uncheck the box under Proxy server. Then click the OK
- Go check the Windows Store app.
Method 3 : Run Windows Update troubleshooter
Error code 0x80072efd windows 10 may be related to Windows Update error. The Windows Update Troubleshooter is an inbuilt tool that helps to fix Windows Update errors. Follow the given below steps.
- press the Windows + I together
- Click Update & Security.
- Under Troubleshoot tab click Windows Update and then click Run the troubleshooter.
- After finishing the troubleshooting process, restart your computer and check the error is fixed or not.
Method 4 : Update Windows System
Error 0x80072efd windows 10 can be caused by the Windows update program. Follow the steps to installing the latest update
- press the Windows Key+ I together
- Click Update & Security.
- Under Windows Update, click Install Now.
- Follow the instructions and then check whether the error is fixed.
Method 5 : Clear Windows Store Cache
Error 0x80072efd windows 10 can also be caused by a damaged Windows Store Cache. To fix it, you can clear the Windows Store cache by following steps.
- Type “wsreset” in the search box and click “Run as administrator”.
- A command prompt window will open and then close automatically. After that, you’ll see a confirmation message shows up saying: “The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the Store for apps”.
- Check the Windows Store app.
Method 6: Rename the software distribution folder
- Type “command prompt” in the search box and click “Run as administrator”
- Type below commands into the Command Prompt window one by one.
- After typing one line, press the Enterkey and then go next.
- Type “exit” and press the Enter key to close the Command Prompt window.
- Reboot your computer and check whether the error is fixed.
Method 7: Clean Installation Windows
Reinstalling Windows will erase everything from your hard drive, allowing you to start again with a fresh system. So please backup all your important files before starting the clean installation.
- Go to the Microsoft download the media creation tool. Make USB become a media creation tool.
- Find out the key to enter BIOS in your computer/laptop and change the boot setting.
- Doing a clean installation.
Method 8: Use Automatic Removal Tool
Error 0x80072efd windows 10 can be cause of malware attacks, so run the below automatic removal tool to scan entirely system and delete all malware infections as well as fix error issues.
Is Your PC Behaving Abnormal & Needs Instant Optimzation?
We recommend you to choose Advanced System Repair which is dedicated to offer complete options to optimize a PC, fix any Windows error, and remove malware threats in easy. The software is award winning and suggested as the best malware fix application supporting all Windows versions including XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Just 3 steps to avail error free PC.