Many users have reported about DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (netio.sys) issue in recent times that causes their PCs to crash and possibly lose everything they might have been working on. It’s a Blue screen of Death and is associated with network card and its drivers. It’s an essential component of the Windows system and therefore, altering or removing it may cause the card to stop functioning completely. This annoying issue normally occurs in Windows 10 systems; users claim that when they were using earlier versions of the Windows, they had no such issues but the moment they upgraded their OS to the latest one, they suddenly started to deal with many pernicious dilemmas including this one.
Causes Behind SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (netio.sys) BSOD Issue:
There might be various reasons behind the occurrence of this irritating problem such as corrupt Windows registries, torrent software or network adapter drivers, malware or virus and so on. A nasty parasite silently infiltrates the computer through various deceptive tactics and then starts performing evil acts in the background. It conducts a series of malicious activities inside and wreaks havoc onto the machine. It keeps executing unethical acts in the PC and causes too many spiteful issues including DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (netio.sys).
The Blue Screen Error Messages may Appear In Several Ways:
- IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL (NETIO.SYS)
- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (NETIO.SYS)
- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (NETIO.SYS)
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (NETIO.SYS)
How To Get Rid of This Problem?
If you are one of those users who are dealing with same dilemma and looking for a genuine solution, you are on the right place at the moment. We have provided some effective methods that you have to apply one at a time and then see if the problem still occurs.
Solution 1- Check torrent software for cache
First of all, you should check your torrent application for cache to get rid of the problem and to do this, just follow the below steps:
- Initially, you need to open the ‘BitTorent’ client.
- In the ‘Options’ section, chose ‘Preferences’.
- Now, expand the ‘Advanced’ section in the left pane and then click on ‘Disk Cache’.
- Here, uncheck the ‘Enable caching of disk reads’ and ‘Enable caching of disk writes’ sections.
- Tap on ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’.
- Once done, check for the solution.
Solution 2- Check your anti-virus application
The conflict between antivirus and PC may lead to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (netio.sys) problem. In most cases, Zone Alarm and MsAfee cause the issues. And hence, we recommend uninstalling them and to do this, just go through the below steps:
- Press ‘Ctrl + Shift + Esc’ at the same time and open ‘Task Manager’.
- Find ‘McAfee/Zone Alarm’.
- Tap on the software and click on ‘End Task’.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ into the search bar then press the ‘Enter’ button.
- Now, go to ‘Programs’ and then chose ‘Uninstall a program’.
- Find the anti-virus tool (Zone Alarm or McAfee) and double-click on it.
- Continue with on-screen instructions.
Note: Running your computer without any security program can cause it severe threats to make attacks. You should find an inclusive security tool Online or can simply rely on Windows Defender that is a built-in security app from Microsoft.
Solution 3- Roll back network adapter drivers
Rolling back the drivers might help you getting rid of DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (netio.sys) issue. And to do this, just follow the simple steps given below:
- First of all, right-click on the ‘Start’ button and go to the ‘Device Manager’.
- Right-click on the ‘Network adapters’ and click on ‘Properties’.
- Now in the ‘Driver’ section, click on ‘Roll Back Driver’.
- Select a reason for rolling back and then tap on ‘OK’.
- See if the issue still exits.
Solution 4- Reinstall network adapter drivers
Many users have claimed that upgrading the drivers helped them in getting rid of this error. You can also try this by going through the below steps:
- Go to the ‘Device Manager’ again and expand ‘Network adapters’.
- Now, right-click on your network adapter and select ‘Update Driver’.
- After that, tap on ‘Search automatically for updated software’.
- Wait as long as Windows installs new updates automatically.
- Restart your system.
Solution 5- Perform a System scan
As we mentioned earlier, the “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (netio.sys)” might occur due to the presence of malware or virus in the infected PC. So, you need to scan the complete machine to remove all the pernicious infections from the device. You can do this both manually as well as automatically. The “Manual” process requires much attention and you need to be highly skilled in computer or technology. So, we highly recommend using “Automatic” procedure and for this purpose, you can use Reimage anti-malware program.
All being well, one of these methods helped you in getting rid of the problem. If you have any other solution or want say something regarding this tutorial, you can write us in the comment below.