About Fatal Error C0000034 Applying Update Operation In Windows System
Microsoft keeps frequently releasing updates for its operating system users to sort out some bugs and enhance its features as well. Even if you are a Windows OS user, you should update your system software to avoid high potential risks and avail latest features too. Although this update feature is good and adds more enhancement to installed system software, but sometimes it happens wrong as well. In such instances, it’s expected to see error messages on screen causing update process failure and such an error message is fatal error c0000034 applying update operation itself.
This fatal error c0000034 applying update operation may happen to any Windows operating system whether it be Windows 8 or even the latest OS by Microsoft, Windows 10. so, in this article, we are going to discuss how to resolve fatal error c0000034 applying update operation if you unfortunately come to see this while updating your system software.
Methods or Steps To Resolve Fatal Error C0000034 Applying Update Operation
Technically, there’s now exact solution to resolve this error on Windows because the reason for such issue can be anything. But, based on what most of the experts managed to resolve this problem on random computers, we are getting to check it out some solutions which should work. Before you start, you should try fixing the issue on your own end for which you can do numerous checks like rebooting your system, updating device drivers, checking out some malware infection, running inbuilt SFC scanner, shutting down security applications, and many more. Even after doing all these things if fatal error c0000034 applying update operation appears on screen, you can further try below mentioned approaches.
Method 1: Launch Startup Repair in Windows
If fatal error c0000034 applying update operation starts to appear on screen, this approach may help you fixing the issue. Just follow the steps below:
1. At first, restart your system and press restart once again while it is booting.
2. This might end up showing you some error and launch Startup Repair feature.
3. When the process starts, click on Cancel button
4. Once the process is cancelled, you will be prompted with a dilog box to send logs to Microsoft. Just select Don’t Send option, and choose View advanced options for recovery and support.
5. This will open a new Window, select Command Prompt option at the last.
6. Enter below mentioned code in CMD and press Enter
7. The executed command will open Notepad on screen. In Notepad, navigate to File menu and select Open
8. Change type of files notepad views from .txt to All Files
9. Now, Browse to C:\\Windows\winsxs\ (basically, browse to those drive where your Windows OS is active)
10. In winsxs directory, find pending.xml and copy then paste it in the same directory and change its name by adding backup_pending.xml.
11. Now select pending.xml to open it, this will take some time to open which is obvious
12. Once the file is opened, Hit CTRL + F to search the file for code below
13. Delete the code as shown below from opened xml file
<Checkpoint/> <DeleteFile path=”\SystemRoot\WinSxS\FileMaps\_0000000000000000.cdf-ms”/> <MoveFile source=”\SystemRoot\WinSxS\Temp\PendingRenames\e56db1db48d4cb0199440000b01de419._0000000000000000.cdf-ms” destination=”\SystemRoot\WinSxS\FileMa\_0000000000000000.cdf-ms”/>
14. After deletion, save the file, exit CMD and restart your windows PC.
Method 2: Execute Windows Update Troubleshooter
Running Windows Update Troubleshooter in Windows operating system is an another useful approach to fix fatal error c0000034 applying update operation and other update related issues. This is actually an in-built tool offered by Microsoft to fix problems when something happens wrong while updating the OS.
To do so, just navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update Troubleshooter > execute it.
In case if this option is missing on your system, you can also download this feature from official Microsoft page to detect and fix update related problems easily.
Method 3: Running Clean Boot Your Windows
Many a times, it happens some installed third party applications causes interference to Windows update and throws error messages on screen. If this is your case, Clean boot your system should resolve the issue. Under this boot option, your Windows OS loads only essential files and not any third party apps installed there to prevent interference. Here’s the steps to follow:
1. Click on Start button and type System Configuration to Search it. Click on shown option to open
2. On system configuration window, choose Services tab > Hide all Microsoft services check box > Disable all remaining services
3. Now, on Startup tab, click to open Task Manager
4. In Task manager’s opened tab, select all items and Click to disable them.
5. Close Task Manager now and reboot your Windows.
Method 4: Refresh Windows Update Components
Refreshing Windows update components will be able to fix fatal error c0000034 applying update operation if none of above solutions worked for you. Before you do this, we recommend you creating a restore point of your Windows so as it can be recovered back if something happens wrong. Also, create a backup copy of your important files and folders before proceeding further. Once done, follow the steps below:
1. Hit Start button and type CMD, Command Prompt will appear in search result, just select and click right mouse button to run it as Administrator.
2. Now, enter each commands mentioned below.
net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop appidsvc net stop cryptsvc
3. Exit Command Prompt, and check if fatal error c0000034 applying update operation is resolved
Method 5: Run A Trusted Utility Software (Reimage PC Repair)
Even your problem is not yet resolved and showing fatal error c0000034 applying update operation error on screen? If your answer is yes, then either your system is infected by a malware or virus or you have done something wrong while taking manual steps in practice. Don’t be panic as in both cases a user can choose a powerful automatic solution that can fix aforesaid error on Windows easily. To do so, we strongly recommend you to choose Reimage Repair, a utility software that is one of the award winning program with capability to fix fatal error c0000034 applying update operation issues and others without any hassles. It can also eliminate any powerful malware intruders easily to let your system running efficiently once again in just a few minutes.
(We hope you really enjoyed reading this article regarding how to fix fatal error c0000034 applying update operation without a mess. Do share this article to your friends or relatives to help them being a technical geek. Subscribe Us to be updated about all our latest articles.)