You can disable discord notifications on a server-by-server or by user-by-user basis. Turning off the notifications from the channel means you won’t get the alert to unread messages. Under the settings, you can not only turn off the desktop notifications but also the message alert sounds. Check the article for the complete instructions how to disable discord notifications.
Discord offers you many features for disabling notifications. You can just disable the notifications from individual people or servers or can turn off any sort of notification sound or icon. Below are the different ways how you can turn off the Discord notifications.
Turn off notifications for specific user
In order to stop receiving any notifications from a particular user, you have two options. You can block them. This will stop you from receiving any notifications as well as hide every message they send in any server you share.
In order to block someone on desktop, open the user profile and right click on the username and then select “Block” option. In mobile, tap on the username, and then click on the three dots on the top-right and then tap on the Block option.
However, if you don’t want to go far as blocking, you can mute them instead. This will let them message you, and you will also see their messages, but you won’t receive any notifications when they message you directly.
You can mute any person on Discord Desktop app by navigating to your private message with them and right-clicking to their name in the left sidebar. Upon that, you will see the option Mute from the drop-down menu. Pick how long you would like to mute them for.
Disable notifications for specific channel
When you mute a channel, you will no longer receive any notifications from messages inside of it. However, if someone mentions you, you will still see the red notification dot next to it:
Enter the server that has the channel you want to mute and then open the channel,
Now, for Desktop app users, right-click on the channel’s name and select Mute channel option, and pick how long you want to mute the channel for.
For mobile user, click on the channel’s name and then the bell icon in the menu that appears, pick the time duration you want to mute the channel for and that’s it.
Delete notifications for a specific server
If you mute a server, this will mute all the channels included in this. Keeping this in mind follow the steps how to disable discord notifications for a specific server provided below.
- Find the icon of the server you want to mute from the server list,
- Right click on the icon and select Mute Server and then pick the duration you want to mute for.
- Open the server and tap on its name at the top of the channel list,
- Select notification option on the menu that appears,
- Now, select Mute option, pick how long you’d like to keep the server muted for.
Disable all Discord notifications sounds and desktop alerts
- On the Application Window, click on the gear icon to open Settings,
- Select the Notifications on the left sidebar,
- On different options hosted, turn off the message and notification sounds as well as desktop notifications.
In mobile, the way to disable notifications will depend on what sort of phone you are using. It is not possible to provide the guide by taking every model one by one into consideration.
However, for your convenience, we are providing you steps how to disable all discord notifications sound and desktop alerts on Samsung (Samsung Galaxy S10) and on iPhone.
On Samsung (Android):
- Start the Settings app and select Notifications,
- Go to the “Recently Sent” section and click on See all option,
- You will see a list of apps with notifications switches.
- Tap to swipe the button to the left to disable the notifications from the app you want for.
- Launch Settings app and scroll down to find Notifications,
- Scroll down to the app with notifications you want to limit and then tap on it.
- Toggle the button besides “Allow Notifications” to curtail all notifications,
- To merely limit an app’s notification, set where it can deliver the notification and toggle the Sounds and Badges on or off.