This article will help you to disable omnibox search chrome with recommended methods. According to reports, users decide to disable omnibox due to privacy-related issues which have appeared as soon as this feature was launched in 2008. If you have any problem with omnibox, then you can disable this immediately and use another search provider. Let’s take have a look at omnibox search in details.
What is Omnibox?
As per Google Chrome setting, it enabled omnibox by default which is combined search box and URL bar. Omnibox in Chrome is responsible for fast browsing or surfing means if you are looking for information on your browser quickly which you have search on URL bar, without having to access Google or another search provider first. On search, you are redirected to website or Google search results page. Omnibox is made based on information such as your browsing history, bookmarked items, suggestions, URL prediction provided by Google.
Why users decide to chrome disable omnibox search?
- A number of Chrome users find that privacy-related issues with Chrome omnibox search. And due to that, they decide to disable omnibox search in Chrome.
- Another issue is history related issue. As we know that Chrome has ability to synchronize connected devices. Chrome remembers omnibox history and uses it across other devices. So, if you are searching specific information on your laptop/PC, then you will also find the same keywords when you try to open Chrome on your Smartphone.
Ways to disable Omnibox search Chrome
Procedure 1: Delete Cookie, History and Autofill data
Step 1: At first, open Google Chrome browser and go to setting
Step 2: Now, click on Advance options at bottom
Step 3: After that, locate Clear browsing data in Privacy and security sections
Step 4: Click on Advance on newly opened Window
Step 5: Now, pick the All time option in Time range section
Step 6: Check the Browsing history, Cookies and other site data and Autofill from data
Step 7: Finally, click on Clear data
Procedure 2: To chrome disable omnibox search, turn off omnibox History sync
Step 1: Open Google Chrome browser
Step 2: Go for setting (Three vertical dots on top-right of Window > settings)
Step 3: Click on Sync and you will enter Advance sync settings
Step 4: Please ensure that History option is turned off
Procedure 3: To disable omnibox search chrome, delete search suggestions and URL prediction
Step 1: Go for Setting and click on Advance options
Step 2: Now, locate Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs types in address bar, under Privacy and security section
Step 3: Finally, click on it once to chrome disable omnibox search service completely
I am sure this article helped you disable omnibox search chrome with several easy methods. You can use any procedure to disable omnibox service as per System requirements. If your System has malware or spyware related issue, then you can scan your computer with very strong antivirus software Reimage that is able to delete all junk files or viruses from System. So, try it.
Is Your PC Behaving Abnormal & Needs Instant Optimzation?
We recommend you to choose Reimage PC Repair Suite which is dedicated to offer complete options to optimize a PC, fix any Windows error, and remove malware threats in easy. The software is award winning and suggested as the best malware fix application supporting all Windows versions including XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Just 3 steps to avail error free PC.
- Download Reimage PC Repair and install on your PC. (Follow all on screen instructions when installer is executed)
- Click “Scan Your PC” button to scan all present issues, errors, junk files, and malware threats.
- Finally, click “Start Repair” to fix all detected problems in next few minutes.