If you’ve ever turned on your Xbox system and forgotten to down the level on your TV, the Xbox launch sound can be very startling when it blasts out of your speakers. Fortunately, Microsoft is developing a new option that will allow you to turn off the starting sound.
This much-requested feature is now only available to Xbox Insiders in the Alpha ring, but it will most likely be available to all users soon. Microsoft says “We have added a new option which allows you to mute startup sounds”. While it is only a minor change that is unlikely to be used by many users, it is great to have the choice.
If you want to know How to disable Startup Sound on Xbox then follow these instructions on how to do so:
- Press Xbox button your controller.
- Select Settings option from the menu.
- Now look for General settings and tap on it.
- Tap on Volume and Audio output section.
- Move to Advanced tab and tap on Additional Options.
- Go to Power and Startup section and check Mute Startup sounds option.
- This will disable the startup sound on your Xbox console.
- You can also disable the startup chime sound.
- Go over to Power Chime option and toggle it OFF.
- This will remove all the sound when booting Xbox console for the first time.
The Xbox October 2022 update is now rolling out to all consoles globally. If you can’t wait for the update to become available automatically, you can force it by manually updating the system software.
How to Update Xbox System Software Manually
If you want to manually update your Xbox console then follow the steps given below.
- Boot your console and press Xbox button on your controller.
- Move to the right side and select Settings tab.
- Scroll down and open Updates and Downloads.
- From the next page, under Update section check whether it says “Console Update Available”.
- If there is then you can now download the latest version.
- If there is not, then you will have to wait until the update patch is rolled out in your region or to your console.
You can also actively look into Microsoft or Xbox social media accounts to see when they are pushing out the updates in what region so you can be ready when the update is out in your region.
How to Troubleshoot Audio Issues on Xbox Console
Sometimes while trying out new settings or after an update the audio on Xbox console get bugged or have issues. If you are facing the same then you can try this method to troubleshoot the issue. Follow the steps given below:
- Open Guide Menu by pressing Xbox button on your controller.
- Move to Profile and System and choose Settings.
- Select Volume and audio output under General
- Navigate to Advanced section and tap on Audio Setup.
- This will show all the options available on your setup.
- Choose the one you are facing issues with and listen to the animations as it plays.
- Now perform the fix according to your need.
Not everyone like the system sounds on their Xbox console especially the startup sound. However Microsoft has listed to the request of the users and implemented the settings to disable them in their latest update. If you want to know on how to disable startup sound on Xbox then follow the instruction given the article above.