Roblox is a multiplayer sandbox game and millions of gamers actively play the game or create its mini game modes. Just like other online games, Roblox also suffer from errors and issues and one such issue is An Error Occurred While Starting Roblox and this has been reported by many users. Due to this, these players are not being able to open the game studio or play the game modes.
The Issue can be triggered due to several reasons and some of them include unstable internet connection, problematic proxy server settings, Interface caused due to TCP-IP setting, sever under maintenance, bugs or glitches within game files or anti-malware application installed on the system creating disparities with the game server.
Whatever the reason be if you are one of those users who are facing the same issue then for that reason we have mentioned all the possible methods and solutions in the article below.
Resolve Roblox Error Code
As we already know that there are multiple reason why the error code can be faced therefore you might need to check all the methods to check which is the most suitable in your case.
Method 1: Check Internet Connection and Server Status
Roblox need a proper internet connection all the time to work as intended otherwise error code like these can be faced. Hence, check your internet connection speeds as well as stability whether it has any issue or not. If you are on wireless network like Wi-Fi then switch to Ethernet cable as it provide faster and improved connection strength and speed.
Another reason why the error can be faced is because of Roblox server going under maintenance. All online game requires server maintenance to keep its integrity and reliability and Roblox is no exception. Nevertheless, the error code can be noticed due to such reason so you need to wait until the maintenance is completed and then try again.
Method 2: Restart Router
If there is no issue with the internet connection speed or strength then the problem might be result of bugs or glitches within Internet Router. If this is the case then the best method to get rid of them is by restarting the router. These are the steps on how to do so:
- Power OFF your router.
- Remove all the cable attached to it including power and Ethernet.
- Let the router sit idle for couple of minutes.
- Connect all the cable back into the router.
- Press the power button to turn on the router.
Method 3: Deactivate the Proxy Settings
Some users on the form websites mentioned that their issue was caused by activated proxy settings and once they disable them the issue was resolved. You can also do the same by following these instructions:
- Click on Start menu and go to Search bar.
- Type Internet Option and press Enter.
- Internet Properties window will open.
- Now move to Connections tab and click the LAN Settings button.
- Find and uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN option.
- To save the made changes, click OK.
- Try opening Roblox and check if the issue persists.
Method 4: Reset TCP-IP to Default
An Error Occurred While Starting Roblox could be caused by corrupted TCP-IP or Internet Protocol Suite as mentioned by many. This problem can be resolved by resetting TCP-IP through Command Prompt and Netsh. Follow the listed steps on how to do so:
- Launch RUN prompt by pressing Win + R key simultaneously.
- Type cmd and press Enter.
- Now type the following command in the command prompt window.
- netsh in tip reset c:esetlo.txt
- Press Enter key after entering the command.
- Reboot your computer after the successful execution and check for the error.
Method 5: Allow Roblox through Windows Firewall Setting
As we said earlier that one of the reason why the error code is triggered is because of discrepancies created by Windows Firewall. Fortunately this can be easily resolved by adding Roblox app to the exception list and these are the required instructions:
- Open Control Panel from Start menu.
- Navigate to System and Security and then select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now choose Allow an app through Windows Defender Firewall option.
- From the top right, click on Change Settings.
- At the bottom, click Allow another App option.
- Click on Browse and add Roblox to the list.
- Again click on Add button.
- Click OK to save the made changes.
- Open the game and see if the error code persists.
Every online game has it fair share of issue and Roblox is no exclusion, so if you are facing errors like An Error Occurred While Starting Roblox then don’t worry. We have mentioned all the possible methods and their adequate steps in the article above to help you resolve the issue without any hassle.