Audio Stuttering is actually a problem which may occur on Windows 10 or other Windows OS versions as well. During such problems, the sound may come stuttering, static or distorting throughout the day, and it even makes your listen-to-music moments to be destroyed. You might think of if your speakers or headphones have some faults, but this can also be a result of some technical issues inside your machine.
Although, listening to stuttering sound from your machine may irritating you throughout the day, still you can fix those with some guidelines here mentioned. We suggest you checking out these solutions to check if your problems are solved.
Solution 1: Fix your computer issues automatically
The stuttering audio in Windows operating system might be a resultant of some unexpected issue inside your machine which can’t be easily identified unless you are a tech savvy. Even the identification process for a specific cause can be very complicated and may require enough time. To avoid such precious time, we recommend to use an automatic fixer to fix audio stuttering or other problems easily.
Solution 2: Disable Audio Enhancements
Audio enhancement is basically an option in Windows to make the output of sound to be perfect. But, if the things goes wrong with it, it’s common to speakers to throw stuttering audio sounds. To fix stuttering audio in this case, follow the instructions:
- Press Win+R key combination to open Run command line box, and type mmsys.cpl, and hit Enter key.
- Select and right click on your default playback device, and choose Properties.
- Navigate to Enhancement tab and make sure the fox for Disable all enhancements is not checked. Once done, click Apply and OK to save the settings.
However, in case if you see no Enhancement tab within, then there might be something else causing audio stuttering issue. Move to other solution.
Solution 3: Change Audio Formats
While palying an audio file, if the audio driver or software doesn’t support the input format, then it’s common to face off static or stuttering sound. To fix the issue in this case, follow the steps here:
- Press Win + R key combination and type mmsys.cpl and press Enter key.
- Right click on your default playback device and choose Properties.
- Navigate to Advanced tab and select 16 bit, 48000 Hz, and click Apply and OK to save the settings.
- Now, start playing audio to check whether the sound is stuttering or solved. If not resolved, get back to previous step and try other formats.
In case if the problem still persists, we suggest you try out the other solution.
Solution 4: Re-install Audio Drivers
Stuttering audio in Windows operating system is also possible if the installed audio driver is faulty or incompatible. To fix audio stuttering in this instance require you to re-install the driver to check if problem is solved. To do so, here are the steps:
- Similar to above solutions, open mmsys.cpl, and press Enter key.
- Note down the name of your default sound device.
- Now, open Device Manager this time by typing devmgmt.msc in Run command line, and press Enter.
- Click the expand Sound, video, and game controllers option, and click right on the driver for your default audio device to select Uninstall.
- Once the device is uninstalled, restart your system to install the drivers automatically once again.
Even if this solution not helped you to fix sound stuttering issue on your machine, then you might need to update the audio driver, which is discussed in the next solution.
Solution 5: Update Audio Drivers
Since all above mentioned solutions failed to help you sort out distorting sound issue on your Windows system, there might be an outdated audio driver installed, and updating it can be the best option. You can visit the official site of your default audio driver’s manufacturer to get the new driver packages, and install it manually. However, this process needs you much refinement as you would have to find out the correct drivers that may compatible for with your installed device. However, most of the websites these days have advanced filter algorithm that can help you find out the required solution easily.
Still, if you want to save time and skills to update your audio drivers, we suggest you to try here recommended solution to check if it can help you fixing audio stuttering issue.
Audio stuttering issue in Windows 10 is quite normal and may happen due to various reasons. However, the issue can easily be fixed if some proper solutions are followed. We hope here discussed methods to fix audio stuttering in computer might helped you.