People who were excited to explore Night City got disappointed after they encounter the cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue occurring persistently. The game runs exceptionally well for most of the users, but there are some unlucky folks can’t fully enjoy the game because of the crashing issue.
In this article, we will explain why this game may be causing the crashing issue and provide you the best possible fixes that you can try to get rid of this. So, be impatient and read the article completely.
What causes the game crashes persistently?
Game crashing issue is nothing new for gaming communities. Even the well-built games can get crashed and you can’t anything for this. When it comes to Cyberpunk 2077, there are several reasons noticed so far that bring it to the crashing and freezing situation. Let’s look at them one by one:
- Broken GOG launcher – You may be encountering the cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue during the startup of the game. If this is so, it may be likely because of conflict with its GOG launcher.
- Your PC might be not handling the game – You should check if your PC is capable to run Cyberpunk 2077. The game runs well on Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310 processors. Not surprisingly, if you are using older PC, you are facing this issue.
- Outdated graphic drivers –Crashing issue could also happen when you install and run Cyberpunk 2077 with outdated graphic drivers. You should update it to work smoothly and with minimal issues.
- Corrupted game files – The game files being corrupted is another possible reason for this issue. This could be because of incomplete updates, viruses or faulty installations.
- Unknown software or hardware mal-function – if other games also crash and not just the Cyberpunk 2077 only, there is a case of your computer’s hardware and software issue. You need to assume that your PC needs a complete overhaul in this case.
Possible fixes for cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue
Fix 1: Update the game
First of all, you should make sure that the game runs the latest version. newer released games are notoriously buggy and therefore you should make sure you install every patch and updates that are released so that there would be lesser change of encountering any issues.
Fix 2: Disable GOC launcher
If you got the game through CD projekt’s GOC launcher and are receiving cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue, this is probably because a poorly coded overlay feature. You can easily fix it. Here is what you have to do:
- Launch GOC launcher and go to the settings by clicking the Cog icon,
- Now, go to the Game features tab and uncheck the box next to the Overlay,
- Exit the settings and open Cyberpunk 2077 and see if the problem persists.
Fix 3: check the compatibility of the game
You should check and ensure if both CPU and GPU meet the minimum system requirements or better still to avoid lag or performance issues. Crashes can be a result of insufficient resources. Visit the official cdprojectred site for more information regarding the required specifications for the game.
Fix 4: Close background apps
If your PC meets the system requirements but still you are encountering cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue, it is a time to check if you can less the load by closing all other apps like browsers, video editing programs and any other programs that are running. This is a good way to free up the resources for the system.
Fix 5: Repair Game files
If the issue persists, you should check if you are dealing with corrupted game files. You can repair or reinstall your game in this case to get the fix:
- Launch GOC GALAXY and log-in your account if required,
- Now, go to the Owned games tab and select Cyberpunk 2077,
- Click on customize and then go to the manage installation option,
- Finally, select Verify/ Repair.
Fix 6: Delete and reinstall Cyberpunk 2077
If the above fixes have not fixed the game crashes, you must do a drastic solution of deleting and reinstalling the game. The clean installation will fix any issue caused due to bad software. Keep in mind that the game size is big and thus it might take an hour before you play your game again.
We have provided every possible solution to fix cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue. If none of the solutions have resolved the issue for you, you should use PC Repair Tool. The direct download link for this tool is provided below.
This tool will scan your device to replace corrupt and missing files. This works in all those cases where the issue is the result of system corruption. The tool will also optimize your system for maximum performance.