Several users have reported about Discord voice chat not working on PS5 issue. Don’t lose hope, you can still voice chat with your friends on your console. The only problem is that installing the service is not possible. So, if you want to keep everything on one console and not rely on your phone, you are at the right place. Below, we have guided how you can use Discord on your PS5.
The PS5 lacks of the internet browsing feature. It is surprising because its predecessors like PS4 included with an internet browser ready to use from the get-go. However, this does not mean that it prevents you from navigating to links on PS5.PS5 users can use PSN and PS party chat and send and receive messages from other players in this way.
Use Discord on PS5 by sending a message
- Open PlayStation Party on your console,
- Pick the one to whom you want to send a message,
- Send them www.discord.com as a message,
- Open the link to reach official Discord page,
- Now, sign-in with your account,
- Start chatting with your friends on a voice channel.
Make sure you get a compatible headset as you won’t be able to speak to others without a microphone.
If you don’t mind of linking your PC and PS5 and just prefer the audio quality, here are other options how you can use Discord Voice chat on PS5:
- USB headset,
- Optical Cable,
- A PC.
Here are required instructions:
- Connect your console to the MixAmp through optical cable,
- Now, go to the PS5 settings,
- Navigate to Sound> Audio Output,
- From the list, choose Digital or Optical Out option,
- Now, on your PC and launch your Discord client or open Discord tab on your browser,
- From the Discord’s settings, select Voice & Video,
- Click Input Device drop-down and click on MixAmp
- From the Voice & Video settings, set the Output Device to Default,
- Link your headset to the MixAmp and check for the connections now,
- If everything is fine, you will enjoy the audio of both your PS5 and PC on your headset.
Both the ways will work, but these may not be visible for long time. At present the PS does not support Discord, but this does not mean that the Sony is not moving in this direction in anytime soon.
Connect your PSN Account to Discord
You can connect your PlayStation Network Account with Discord from the below steps:
- Open Discord and go to the User Settings,
- Go down and click on Connections,
- Select PlayStation,
- Sign-in with your PlayStation credentials,
- That’s it! Now, you can chat with your friend on your console.
Coming soon to your PS5
With Discord, PS5 owners can contact wither friends and even voice chat without the need of another device. The interim solutions we have described above will help you in this. Nevertheless, the official integration of the social mdia platform would be beneficiary for many users.
How to fix Discord Chat not working issue?
Discord Voice chat sometimes does not work due to wrong configurations of the voice settings of the Discord. Sometimes, outdated Discord version using may cause this problem. The affected users encounter the error when they try to voice chat with a contact. This is not limited to a particular OS or console.
If you are dealing with this problem, you should check if your voice input/ output devices are working fine. Also, you may try with restarting your device to clear any temporarily glitches/ bugs. Moreover, you should check if the Discord servers are up and running.
Additionally, you should make sure that the microphone is enabled in the device and the discord’s settings. Also, make sure that your headset is not faulty or incompatible with Discord. Last, but not the least, you should check for audio driver related issues.