With recent updates users can choose which application to provide the permissions such as camera, microphone, storage, etc. on their iPhone. However some users have reported of iPhone not allowing camera access to apps due to which they are not getting the prompt for “Allow Access to Camera” option while setting up the application.
There are certain reasons due to which this problem can be faced such as user unknowingly restricting the camera permission by choosing “Don’t Allow” or “Not Now” when prompted, application not allowed through camera restriction option, issue with the installed app, or misconfigured setting of their iPhone.
If you are facing this same problem on your iPhone as well then don’t worry. We have mentioned all the possible fixes and solutions in the article below through which you can resolve the issue.
Resolve Apps Not Having Camera Access Issue on iPhone
There are multiple reasons why you might be facing this issue but there is no way to tell the specific reason for it. Therefore you will have to follow all the fixes and see which works the best.
Fix 1: Check for Camera Restriction Settings
When camera restriction settings are turned off, it will not allow you to access it while accessing any application that need camera permission. You can try enabling this setting on your iPhone by following these steps and see if this helps:
- Open Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Screen Time.
- Look for Content & Privacy Restrictions and tap on it to open.
- Now go to Allowed Apps and find Camera from the list.
- See if it is toggled ON. If not then tap on it to Enable.
- Close the Settings app and see if the problem persisted.
Fix 2: Grant Camera Permission to That Application
Another possible reason why you might be facing this issue is because you might have unwillingly denied the camera permission when it was prompted during the setup. To see if this is the case or not, follow the instructions given below:
- Launch Settings from your app drawer.
- Tap on Privacy and Security.
- Open Camera option from the following screen.
- See if the application you are facing problem with is toggled ON.
- If it not, then tap on the toggle to Enable.
- Once done, check if the issue was resolved.
Fix 3: Reset Settings Back to its Default Configuration
Misconfigured or mismatched settings are another possible reason why you could be facing this problem on your iPhone. You can reset all your Settings configuration back to default by doing these steps and see if this get rid of the issue:
- Open Settings app and go to General
- Search for Transfer or Reset iPhone and tap on it.
- Now from the bottom, tap on Reset.
- Select Reset All Settings option from the prompted menu.
- Once all your settings are reset, reboot your iPhone.
- Check if the problem persists.
Fix 4: Re-Install the Problematic Application
If none of the listed method worked then that means the problematic application is to blame. To fix them, you will need to completely uninstall the app and then reinstall it again. Follow the instructions on how to do so:
- Open app drawer and locate the problematic app.
- Now press and hold the app icon until a drop down menu appears.
- Choose Remove App option from the list.
- When asked to confirm, tap on Delete App option.
- After the app is removed, launch App Store on your iPhone.
- Search and download the application.
- Once the app is installed, open it and tap on OK when prompted for camera access.
- See if this resolves the issue.
If you are facing iPhone not allowing camera access to apps issue on your device then don’t worry. This is quite a common issue and can be faced when the user unknowingly denied the camera permission when asked. We have listed other fixes and their steps to resolve the issue in the article above.