Minecraft is one of the most popular game ever created and can work on almost all platforms. And many users play it on their Microsoft Xbox gaming console. However, many of them have mentioned of Minecraft black screen on startup Xbox issue and due to this they are not being able to access the game.
Upon research we found that this is a very common issue and there are certain factors that can trigger the issue. Some of them include bugs within Minecraft, unstable internet connection, glitched Xbox operating system, missing Minecraft game files, or corrupted local saves.
If you are facing this problem on your Xbox then don’t worry, we have listed all the possible methods and solutions in the article below which you can use and resolve the issue.
Resolve Minecraft Black Screen Issue on Xbox
There is no way to tell the exact reason why this is happening on your device therefore you might have to follow all methods one by one to see which work the best.
Method 1: Restart Game and Console
Before moving to more complex solution first you will need to perform basic troubleshooting steps as most of time they help you get rid of the issue. First, restart your game by following these steps:
- Press Xbox button on your controller.
- Select Minecraft and press Menu button.
- Now choose Quit option to close the game.
Open the game once again and see if the issue persists. If it did then you will need to restart your Xbox game console by doing these steps:
- Tap Xbox button to open Power Center.
- Using navigational keys, select Restart Console option.
- Then choose Restart and let the device restart itself.
- Now see if the problem was resolved.
Method 2: Power Cycle your Xbox
If you are facing the same issue even after restarting the game and your console then the problem might be within your console’s operating system. You can fix most of these issues by performing power cycle on your Xbox. These are the instructions on how to do so:
- Go to your Xbox console then press and hold Xbox button from the front.
- Hold it for approx. 10 seconds until your screen turn blank.
- Remove all the connected cables and let the device sit idle for couple of minutes.
- Now reattach all the cables and Power On your device by pressing Xbox button on your console.
- Check if the error persists.
Method 3: Check for Network Issues
Most of the issue related to Minecraft on Xbox is related to internet connection. This is because Minecraft is a server based game and requires stable and fast internet connection to work as intended.
Check if you have a low latency and fast internet connection speed. If you are using wireless connection then switching to Ethernet Cable will eliminate slow speed and connection issues. You can also clear out your Mac address as this help resolve network issue on Xbox.
Method 4: Clear Local Game Data on Xbox
Another possible reason why this problem is occurring on your Xbox console is because of corrupted local game data. These files can get corrupted due to unknown reasons, nevertheless you can safely remove them. These are the require steps:
- Launch Guide Menu by pressing Xbox button on controller.
- Navigate to the following location.
- Profile & System > Settings > System > Storage
- Now go to Manage Storage Device window.
- Choose Clear Local Saved Games option to delete corrupted files from your Xbox console.
- Reboot your Xbox to apply the changes made.
- Open Minecraft and check if the problem was resolved.
Method 5: Reset your Xbox to Factory Default
If none of the mentioned methods worked then the last resort left with you is to reset your Xbox to factory default. This has helped many users get rid of this and other issues. To perform the reset follow these instructions:
- Press Xbox button to open Guide Menu.
- Move to the following path.
- Profile & System > Settings > System > Console Info.
- Now choose Reset Console.
- From the following screen you will be given two options. First Reset and remove everything and second Reset and keep my games and apps.
- Select second option and reset all to factory default.
- After resetting your Xbox, download and install Minecraft.
- See if the issue was fixed.
There are many issues in Minecraft on Xbox and one of them is Minecraft black screen on startup Xbox. This is especially frustrating and troublesome as there is no way to tell the cause of the issue. If you are facing the same then follow the methods and steps mentioned in the article able to resolve the issue without any hassle.