Minecraft is an open world sandbox game where you can create your own world with different terrain and elements. Minecraft also have multiplayer support which means you can play with your friends and family on your created world. However many users have reported Minecraft Multiplayer not working on PC issue.
Users who are facing this issue are not able to invite their friend to their world or join their world and there are several reasons due to which the issue can be triggered and some of them include unstable internet connection, Minecraft server is down, discrepancies created by firewall, bugs or glitches within Minecraft.
If you are facing the same problem with your Minecraft then follow the solutions and workarounds mentioned in the article below to resolve the issue.
Resolve Minecraft Multiplayer Issue
There are multiple factors due to which this issue can be faced and there is no way to tell which is the exact reason in your case, therefore you will have to follow all the solutions and check works the best.
Solution 1: Perform Basic Troubleshoot
Bugs and glitches can appear in any game and Minecraft is no exception and it is one of the reasons why you could be facing this issue. If these bugs are temporary then they can be resolved by restarting your game.
If restarting does not fix the issue then the problem might be related to your computer system and if this is the case then you can get around it by restarting your computer. One thing you need to make sure is that you have disabled all the third party application startup as these apps can create discrepancies which could trigger the issue.
Solution 2: Check Internet Connection
Minecraft single player mode can run without internet but for being able to play Multiplayer you will need a stable and fast internet connection. Check if your connection has proper bandwidth otherwise you will face problems like this and the best way to check it by using third party services available online.
You can also switch to Ethernet cable as it provide faster and more stable internet connection when compared to wireless connection. If this also does not help then you can try restarting your router or modem to reset connection. Turn off your router and remove the power cable, now leave it idle for couple of minutes and plug the cable and turn the router back on. Check if the issue persists.
Solution 3: Check Minecraft Sever
Every multiplayer game work on server connection including Minecraft and Minecraft Multiplayer not working on PC issue can be faced when the game servers are down. The chance of this happening is very low but it is one of the possibilities. You can only access the game when the servers are back online.
To make sure that this is the case you can go to Mojang studios official social media handles to see if there are any mentions of servers being down and if it is then the check the down duration. You can also check the server status using third party services like Down Detector.
Solution 4: Make Changes to Minecraft Account Privacy Settings
- Open Web Browser on your PC.
- Navigate to Microsoft official webpage.
- From top right corner, click on Sign in.
- Enter the credentials of your Microsoft account that is associated with Minecraft.
- Now click on Your info option from top left corner of the window.
- Click Edit account info beside Account Info.
- Check if you have the right DOB and if not then make changes to it.
- After making the required changes, open Minecraft and check of the problem.
Solution 5: Allow Minecraft through Firewall Settings
On form websites, many users stated that their issue was caused because Firewall has blocked Minecraft from accessing it severs and allowing Minecraft Firewall setting exception list resolved their issue. You can also do the same by following these instructions:
- Click on Start menu and go to Search bar.
- Type Windows Security and open the first option from best match list.
- From left side menu, click on Firewall and network protection.
- Look for Allow an app through firewall and click on it.
- Click on Change Settings and when prompted, choose YES.
- Now click on Allow another app and located Minecraft launcher.
- Once the app is added, click OK to save the changes made and close the Settings window.
- Check if the problem persisted.
Solution 6: Re-Install Minecraft
If none of the mentioned solutions worked for you then the problem might be within Minecraft files and the only way to fix it by re-installing. First you need to completely remove Minecraft and then install a fresh copy of it and these are the required steps:
- Open Control Panel from Start menu.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Find Minecraft from list of installed applications.
- Click on it and choose Uninstall option.
- Follow rest of the uninstallation procedure.
- After completing, open Microsoft Store.
- Download and install Minecraft and check if the issue persists.
Minecraft is one of the most popular games and with the option to play it with your friends and family is another great feature that people use however some are facing Minecraft Multiplayer not working on PC issue. If you are one of those of those users then don’t worry, we have listed all the possible solutions and their steps in the article below to resolve the issue.