Thousands of users have reported about the missing User and Password Prompt on Windows login screen issue which is too annoying and doesn’t let the user to properly use the device. In this perilous situation, you may need to reboot your PC several times for the missing User and Password Prompt to go away. The log-in screen just gets stuck with the boot loop or it can’t recognize the entered user and password. Many users have conveyed that as long as they were using earlier versions of the Windows, they had no such problems, but the moment they upgraded their OS to the latest one which is Win 10, they suddenly started to deal with various unkind issues including this one.
Causes Behind Windows 10 user & password prompt missing Problem:
Experts say, there might be various reasons behind the occurrence of this annoying issue such as corrupt Windows registries, malicious applications, malware or virus and so on. A hazardous treat silently infiltrates the Windows PCs through various deceptive tactics and then starts performing evil acts in the background. It messes with vital system files which assure smooth computer processing and prevents many installed apps as well as drivers from working appropriately. It keeps executing unethical deeds inside all the time and causes several pernicious issues together with missing User and Password Prompt on Windows login screen.
How To get Rid of Windows 10 no login screen on startup Issue?
If you are one of those users who are dealing with the same dilemma, you don’t need to be panic. We have provided some effective methods that you have to apply one at a time and then see if the issue still exists.
Solution 1- Enter Windows Safe Mode to troubleshoot
You should start your PC in the Safe Mode if the issue is occurring because of a spiteful program or a wrecked process. To access the Safe Mode, just go through the below steps:
- Hold down the ‘Shift’ button in the Login Window and then tap on ‘Restart’.
- As soon as the system restarts, visit ‘Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup settings’.
- Press the number 5 on your keyboard on tap on ‘Enable Safe Mode with Networking’.
- The PC will reboot and you will be in the Safe Mode.
- Proceed to the Solution 2
Solution 2- Perform a System scan
The missing User and Password Prompt on Windows login screen issue might occur due to the presence of malware or virus in the infected PC. So after getting into the Safe Mode, you need to scan the complete machine to eliminate all the perilous infections from the device. You can do this both manually as well as automatically. The “Manual” process requires much attention and you need to be highly skilled in computer or technology. So, we strongly recommend using “Automatic” procedure and for this purpose, you can use Reimage anti-malware software.
Solution 3- Run Command Prompt at boot
To get rid of Windows 10 login prompt does not appear problem, try running the Command Prompt at boot. And to this, just follow the below steps:
- Visit again to ‘Troubleshoot > Advanced options’ and choose ‘Command Prompt’.
- Once the command prompt Window appears, copy-paste the ‘net user Administrator /active:yes’ command and then hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- In case this commands does not execute, type in ‘regedit’ and then hit ‘Enter’.
- As soon as the Registry Editor appears, tap on the ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’ folder.
- Choose ‘File’ on the menu bar and then tap on the ‘Load Hive’.
- Go to the drive where Windows is installed and then visit ‘C:\\Windows\\System32\\config’.
- Click on the ‘SAM file’ and then tap on ‘Open’.
- Once the Load Hive appears, type in ‘REM_SAM’ and then click ‘OK’.
- Open the ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\REM_SAM\\SAM\\Domains\\Accounts\\Users\\000001F4’ key.
- Locate the ‘F binary’ value on the right pane.
- Locate the ‘0038’ and alter its value from 11 to 10.
- Tap on ‘OK’ to save the modifications and close Command Prompt and Registry Editor.
- Now, tap on ‘Continue’ to start Windows up.
Solution 4- Enable Automatic Login Using netplwiz
Enabling the automatic login might help you fix missing User and Password Prompt on Windows login screen problem. However, it’s a temporary solution so; you will have to apply other methods to get rid of the threat permanently. But at the moment, you can apply this by going through the below steps:
- Hold ‘Window’ key and press ‘R’ at the same time and then press ‘Enter’.
- Once the ‘User Accounts dialog box’ appears, uncheck the ‘Users must enter a username and password to use this computer’ option.
- Tap on ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ to save modifications.
- Restart the PC and the device will boot Windows without displaying a sign-in screen.
Solution 5- Set Credential Manager service to automatic
You may face such kind of hazardous issues if the Credential Manager service is set to manual. You should turn it to automatic to fix the missing User and Password Prompt on Windows login screen problem.
- In the ‘Search’ box, type in ‘Services’ and then hit ‘Enter’.
- Find ‘Credential Manager’ by scrolling down.
- Right-click on it and choose ‘Properties’.
- Choose ‘Automatic’ under the ‘Startup type’.
- Tap on ‘Start’ (if available), ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’.
- Check for the solution
Hopefully, one of these steps helped you in fixing “missing User and Password Prompt on Windows login screen” issue. If you really liked the article or you have any other solution to get rid of the problem, just let us know. Write us on the comment section if you have any question or query.