It’s more than a decade since the launch of Minecraft. A survival and open world building game with unique style of gameplay. Developed by Mojang Studios and released into the genre of sandbox video game. Million of active player worldwide with no age group, people still love this game.
Even though the studio is working consistently by providing new updates and balancing stuffs, Minecraft have several issues that are still to be heard by developers. Oh no something went wrong Minecraft is one of those errors that is not very common and patched by the game developers.
We have listed all the possible workarounds and fixes below to help you resolve this issue and play the game normally.
FIX 1: Check Internet Connection
If you want to play Minecraft, you need a stable internet connection. Otherwise you will not be able to play the game properly and face issues like this. To avoid these problems, check your bandwidth connection speed or upgrade it.
You can try to resolve this by rebooting your modem and router. If you are connected through wirelessly then we suggest you to connect via Ethernet to have a stable internet connection.
FIX 2: Restart Minecraft
Another reason behind this error could be any temporary glitches or bugs that are within your game files resulting in you not being able to access the game. To resolve any of these temporary bugs or glitches you just need to restart you game to fix.
In addition, you can reboot your computer also to make sure that there is not something interfering with the game files and system files.
FIX 3: Allow Minecraft through Windows Defender
There is a high probability that you are facing this issue because some of the game files have been mistakenly placed under Windows Defender in suspicion of it containing virus or malware. Windows Defend tends to do so with games. To fix this, you just have to allow Minecraft through firewall. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open Start menu and click Search bar.
- Type security in search and press enter.
- Open Windows Security from the given list.
- Navigate to Firewall & Network protection.
- Click Allow an App through Firewall.
- Locate Minecraft and enable it to run through both private and public
Check if you are still having issues or not.
FIX 4: In Host file remove Minecraft mention
You have to make a simple edit to the host file to resolve the issue. Follow the steps along:
- Press Win + R key at the same time to launch RUN dialogue box.
- Enter %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc in the box and press Enter.
- Right click the file and open it with notepad.
- Look for anything related to Mojang or Minecraft in the file.
- Delete those lines, if found.
- Save the changes you have made.
Reboot your computer and check if the issue still persists or not.
FIX 5: Repair Minecraft Launcher
If none of the above fix works then there is a high chance that there is some issue related to Minecraft Launcher. To mitigate this error you have to fix the launcher and here is how to do it:
- Press Win + I to open
- Click on Apps from the left side.
- Click on Apps &
- Find Minecraft Launcher, and then click on three dot and select Advance Option.
- Choose Repair option from the next Window.
Even though this game is out for decade, but it still been plagued with error and issue. Certainly we are here for your help. If you are facing oh no something went wrong Minecraft issue then we have listed all the possible ways and methods that you can follow and fix the issue.