Reddit is a very popular form website where you can discuss about anything with a very verity of communities. Reddit is also available on multiple different platforms including smartphones. However some user have reported of Reddit Chat Error Loading Content on their smartphones and they are not being able to use Reddit.
Upon research it was found that there are several reasons due to which one can face this issue. Some of them include unstable internet connection, Reddit server issues, outdated version of the app is installed, bugs within your device operating system, corrupted cache files of Reddit app or problematic login account.
If you are facing the same issue on your device application as well then don’t panic, we have prepared all the possible solutions and workarounds in the article below to fix your issue.
Table of Contents
Resolve Chat Not Loading Error in Reddit Application
There is no for sure way to tell which is the exact reason why you could be facing the problem therefore you might have to follow all of them until you find the solution for your case.
Solution 1: Restart Application and your Device
Bugs and glitches are common on almost all application and Reddit is one of them. It might be the very same reason why you might be facing this issue. If the bugs are temporary then you can get rid of them either by restarting the application or the whole operating system on your device. Once you have rebooted, try opening Reddit and see if the issue was fixed or not.
Solution 2: Check Internet Connection
Reddit use servers to host all the content you see on your application and you need a reliable as well as fast internet connection to access them. However if you do not have the connection or there are issue with the server them this could be the reason for your problem.
To can fix the internet connection issue by switching over to Wi-Fi if you are using mobile data or vice versa. If this does not help then, check if the servers of Reddit are working as intended or not. It not, then wait for the servers to get fix and try access the app then.
Solution 3: Logout and Login Again in Your Reddit App
This might not work for everyone as account related glitches happen to some users only. Nevertheless, it is one of the reasons for the occurrence of this issue. If this is the case then you can resolve it by logging out of your account and logging back in. These are the instructions on how to do so:
- Launch Reddit app on your device.
- Tap on your profile picture from top right corner.
- Now tap on the arrow beside your name.
- Under Account section, tap on logout icon.
- Once you are successfully logged out of your account, close and reopen the app.
- Enter the required credentials like your username and password and login to your account.
- Check if the issue persists.
Solution 4: Clear Cache Data of Reddit
If you are using Reddit app on your Android phone then sometimes unnecessary data can clog up resulting in issues like this. Fortunately, you can get rid of these cache data and possibly fix the issue by doing these steps:
- Open app drawer on your phone.
- Look for Reddit app and hold the icon for couple of seconds.
- Tap on app info icon.
- Now tap on Storage section.
- Look for Cache Data and under that option, tap on Clear Cache button.
- Once the cache data is cleared, open Reddit again to see if the problem was solved.
Solution 5: Update the Application
Outdated application causes all sorts of issues and update patches bring fixes to previous bugs or issues. For that reason, see your application is updated or not otherwise update it immediately by following these instructions:
- Open Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Through search bar, find Reddit.
- Now see if there is an Update button available.
- If there is, then tap on Update and let it download and installed.
- After the application is updated, open the app to see if the issue was resolved.
Solution 6: Reinstall Reddit
If none of these solutions worked then last the last resort left with you is to uninstall the application completely and reinstall it again. Follow these steps on how to do so:
- Launch Google Play Store and search for Reddit.
- Tap on Reddit from search results.
- Now tap on Uninstall button to remove the app from your phone.
- When prompted, tap on Uninstall again.
- Once it is uninstalled, tap on Install button from the same page.
- Let the app download and install itself.
- Open the app and login with your account.
- Check if the issue persisted.
If you are seeing Reddit Chat Error Loading Content on your Reddit application and not being able to access any content on it then don’t worry. Follow the solutions and the instructions mentioned in the article above to fix the issue without much hassle.