On iPhone you can use Reminder apps to set alerts and notification for events, meetings or tasks with time as well as locations. However some users have reported of Reminder Alerts Not Working on iPhone. And due to this they are not receiving any notification about the reminder they have set on their iOS device.
Research show that there are several reasons due to which this issue can occur and some of them include notification settings for reminder app is disabled, bug or glitches within your iPhone, outdated iOS version installed on the device, corrupted Reminder app files or misconfigured iPhone settings.
If you are facing this issue as well then don’t worry, we have prepared all the possible methods and workarounds in the article below which you can follow and resolve your problem.
Resolve Reminder App Alerts not Working Issue
As we know that there are multiple reasons why this issue can occur on your iPhone therefore you will have to try all the methods one by one and see which solve the problem.
Method 1: Enable Reminder App Notification
Sometimes there is not a problem with your Reminder app rather the notification for it has been disabled somehow. And due to this you are not receiving any alerts. To see if this is the case or not, follow these instructions:
- Launch Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and open Notification.
- Look for Reminder in the list and tap on it.
- Now see if Allow Notification toggle is ON.
- If it is not, then tap on the toggle to Enable.
- Also, make sure that all the checkboxes are ticked out for lock screen, notification center and banners.
- Once done, tap on Sounds and choose an alert tone from the list.
Method 2: Force Restart Reminder App
One of the reasons why you are not having any alerts or notification of the reminder you have set on your iPhone is because the Reminder app is bugged. This can happen sometimes and the one of the way to get rid of it is by force closing the app and open it again.
To force close, move to home screen and swipe up or press the home button to access recent applications tab. Now remove Reminder app from the tap. After that, open the app and see if the issue was resolved. If the issue persists then you can try rebooting your iPhone as well.
Method 3: Disable and Enable Reminders from iCloud
All the reminders set through the application are synced with your iCloud and sometimes due to glitches the service stops working as intended. To fix this and get your application to function correctly, do these steps:
- Open Settings app through home screen.
- Tap on your Username from the top.
- Move down and open iCloud option.
- Find Reminders and tap on the toggle to disable.
- When prompted to confirm, tap on Delete from my iPhone.
- Once done, wait for few minutes and toggle ON the reminder.
- Wait for the iCloud to sync everything and check if the problem was resolved.
Method 4: Update your iOS to Latest Version
With new update patches, all the older bugs and glitches are fixed. If you are not updated to the latest version of iOS then updating it could resolve the issue for you. Follow these steps on how to do so:
- Launch Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General section by scrolling down.
- Tap on Software Updates.
- See if there are any pending updates left to install.
- If there is, download and install them.
- After that see if the issue was fixed or not.
Method 5: Reinstall Reminder Application
If none of the mentioned methods worked for you then the issue is you installed Reminder app itself. And the best way to solve it is by completely removing the app from your iPhone and installing it again. Follow the instructions given below:
- Move to home screen where Reminder app is located.
- Tap and hold the icon until a menu appeared.
- Now select Remove App option from the menu.
- When asked for confirmation, tap on Delete App.
- After the application is completely removed.
- Open App Store and search for Reminders.
- Download and install the application.
- Check if the problem persisted.
Not able to get reminded of important meeting or tasks due to Reminder Alerts Not Working on iPhone issue can be very irritating and troublesome. Therefore if you are facing this issue, then you can follow the methods and their steps listed in the article above to resolve the issue without any hassle.