If you are unable to pick any call then you can have the option to let the caller record voice message through Voicemail feature. The voicemail feature can be seen in almost all type of devices including Android. However some users have reported of Samsung Galaxy 5 Voicemail Not Working and they are unable to either setup or use the voicemail feature.
Research shows that there are multiple factors due to which this issue can occur and some of them include error or glitch within the system software, voicemail feature is turned off, issue with the cellular service, misconfigured network settings, insufficient storage space available for voicemails, update voicemail application.
If you are facing this same issue then don’t panic, we have listed all the possible solutions and workarounds to fix the issue in the article below.
Resolve Voicemail Not Working Issue in Samsung Device
As we know that there are several reasons due to which this problem can occur therefore you will have to try all the solutions one by one and see which works the best.
Solution 1: Reboot your Device
Sometimes issues like this occur due to bugs or glitches within the system software of your Samsung device. Most of these errors are temporary and can be fixed by a simple reboot of the system. You can also try restarting your device to see if this helps.
Once thing you need to make sure of before rebooting your system is that no application should be running in the background at the time of reboot otherwise it can create discrepancies with the system and cause other issues.
Solution 2: Refresh your Cellular Service
Another reason why issue like this can happen is because of issue with your cellular service or network connection. You can toggle ON and OFF the Airplane mode to quickly refresh your network connection.
Airplane mode can be access through quick setting panel which can be open by simply swiping down from the top of your screen. You can also access it through Settings menu in Network and Internet option. Now see if your issue is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Check if Voicemail Is Enabled
If refreshing your cellular service does not help then it could be possible that voicemail is not enabled on your device. If you have recently updated yours system software or switched network provider then voicemail settings can get disabled. Follow these instructions to see if voicemail is enabled:
- Open Phone or Dialer application on your smartphone.
- Tap on three dots icon from the top.
- Select Settings from the context menu.
- Look for Voicemail option from the list and tap on it to open.
- Choose Advanced Settings option and then open Setup.
- Check if you have your voicemail enabled otherwise setup it up from the same screen.
- Once done, close the application and check if the problem persisted.
Solution 4: Check for Storage Space
When you receive a voicemail, it is saved to your local storage. If your Samsung device does not have enough storage space then you will not be able to receive any voicemail. Check if you have the enough storage space by following these steps:
- Open Settings from app drawer.
- Move to General section from the top.
- Now tap on Storage option to access it.
- Here you will be able to see how much storage space is left on your device.
- In addition, you can also see what is consuming how much space.
- Make space by clearing unnecessary files or application if you don’t have enough memory.
Solution 5: Reset Network Settings to Default
If none of the mentioned solution worked then it is very much possible that you have your device network settings is misconfigured. If this is the case then you can reset all your network settings back to default to resolve the issue. Follow these instructions on how to do so:
- From your home screen, open Settings
- Navigate to General Management.
- First tap on Reset option then Reset Network Settings.
- When asked for confirmation, tap on Reset Settings.
- Once done, restart your device.
- Now see if you are able to receive voicemail on your Samsung device.
Voicemail is a very essential feature if you frequently receive calls and if you are facing Samsung Galaxy 5 Voicemail Not Working issue then follow the solutions and their corresponding instructions in the article above to resolve the problem without any hassle.