Screenshot is one of those features which we use really frequently in many scenarios. In Windows operating system you can take screenshot via Snip and Sketch application. However some users have mentioned of snip and sketch not working windows 11 and because of this they are neither being able to open or use the program.
On research, we found that there are couple of factors due to which this can get triggered. Some of them include bugs within the operating system, focus assist being enabled, glitched snip and sketch tool, program is restricted to run in background, misconfigured data and time settings, or corrupted snip and sketch tool.
If you are also not being able to use the tool on your system to take screenshot then don’t panic. We have listed all the possible methods and solutions in the article below to resolve the issue.
Resolve Snip and Sketch Not Working Issue
There is no way to tell the exact reason why this problem is occurring on your computer therefore you will need to try all these methods and the most adequate fix for your case.
Method 1: Perform Clean Boot
Before doing more advanced fixes try performing clean boot of your system. Bugs within your operating system can stop the application from working as intended and this can help you to get rid of the problem. These are the steps on how to do so:
- Launch RUN prompt by pressing Win + R keys simultaneously.
- Type msconfig in the black box and press Enter.
- Now go to Services tab in System Configuration
- At the bottom, check the box beside Hide all Microsoft Services and click on Disable All.
- Once done, move over to the Startup tab and click open Task Manager.
- From the list of startup apps, disable all third party programs.
- Close the window and reboot your system normally.
- After then try opening the tool and see if the issue was resolved.
Method 2: Disable Focus Assist
Some users stated that, Focus Assist feature in Windows is creating discrepancies with Snip and Sketch tool and stopping it from launching. However disabling the Focus Assist resolved this problem for many. You can try the same by following these instructions and see if this helps:
- Press Win + I key at the same time to open Settings app.
- Head over to System from left side menu.
- Find and open Focus Assist option from the right side.
- Using the toggles, you can either completely disable Focus Assist or customize the priority list excluding Snip and Sketch tool.
- If you want to customize the list then select Priority Only.
- Include apps by clicking on the Add an app button and choosing them one by one.
- Once done, close the Settings window and check if the issue was resolved.
Method 3: Check Date and Time Settings
You may believe it or not, but some Windows core application heavily relies on Date and Time settings and any misconfiguration to them may cause issues like this. Hence, you will need to check and correct these settings by doing these steps:
- Click on Start menu and open Settings
- From left side menu, choose Time and Language.
- Now click on Date and Time from right side window.
- Make sure both Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically is turned ON.
- If they are not then click on them respectively to enable them.
- Close the window and check if the issue persists.
Method 4: Reset Snip and Sketch Tool to Factory Default
Sometimes if an application is not opening or working as intended then missing or corrupted program files is the reason. Resetting the app back to its default settings might get rid of the issue. Follow these instructions on how to do so:
- Open Settings on your computer system.
- Click on Apps from left side then click on Apps & features from right side.
- Now find Snip and Sketch tool from the list of installed applications.
- Click on three dots icon beside it and select Advanced option.
- Scroll down and click on Reset button.
- Once the procedure is finished, a tick will appear beside the option.
- Try opening the tool and see if the problem was resolved.
Method 5: Execute SFC and DISM Commands
One of reason why you are not being able to access Snip and Sketch tool is because of corrupted or missing system files. Nevertheless, you can use Command line tools such as SFC and DISM to resolve these issues. Follow these steps on how to execute these commands:
- Launch Start menu and go to Search bar.
- Type cmd and right click on Command Prompt.
- Select Run as Administrator and press YES when prompted.
- Now type sfc /scannow and press Enter key and wait for the command to be executed.
- It may take some time depending on your storage space.
- After that, type exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter key afterwards.
- Again wait for the command to be executed.
- Restart your system to implement the changes made.
- See if your issue was resolved.
Command Line tools are not really effective in complicated situations and is difficult for normal users to execute therefore we recommend you to use Advanced System Repair Tool. This will thoroughly scan your system looking for problems and get rid of them through its highly advanced algorithms and mechanized logics.
Taking screenshot is a thing we do daily and Snip and Sketch tool is tool used for taking screenshots on Windows OS. However some are facing snip and sketch not working windows 11 and if you are one of them then follow the methods and their steps mentioned in the article above to resolve the problem without any hassle.