WDF_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error Windows 10 issue normally occurs when there is a problem with a specific hardware or driver in the compromised system. Many users across the world have reported about this annoying dilemma that prevents them from starting the device. This error states that Windows Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) has found an error in a framework-based driver. This bangs the display with a WDF_VIOLATION error pop-up after downloading all the Windows 10 updates. This nasty problem mostly occurs after upgrading the OS to the newest one from the earlier ones.
You May Get These Following Error Messages:
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 0x10D when running the same program.
- Windows runs very slow and responds gradually to mouse or keyboard input.
- “STOP Error 0x10D: WDF_VIOLATION” is appeared.
- Your computer occasionally “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
- You will see blue screen with error message “A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file:”
- “WDF_VIOLATION” appears and crashes the active program window.
Reasons Behind Blue Screen Error WDF_VIOLATION Problem:
As we mentioned in the beginning, this issue might occur due to system drivers or hardware. Aside from this, malevolent applications, corrupt Windows registries, malware or virus can be also responsible for this. A hazardous parasite silently infiltrates your computer by stealth through various deceptive methods and starts performing evil acts in the background. It messes with vital system files which assure efficient PC functioning and prevents many installed apps as well as drivers from working normally. It keeps contributing unethical acts inside and causes many pernicious issues in the work-station including WDF_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error Windows 10.
How To Get Rid of The Issue?
In case you are one of those users who are dealing with this perilous threat, you don’t need to be panic. Here, we have provided some effective methods that you have to apply one at a time and then see is the problem still exists.
Solution 1- Update Device Drivers
Sometimes out-dated drivers may cause such kind of spiteful issues and therefore, you should update them to fix the problem.
- Right-click on the ‘Windows’ key and choose ‘Device Manager’.
- Here, you have to expand each section of drivers and check if any of them abides a yellow exclamation mark. This indicates that the driver is either out-dated or corrupted.
- In case you find such driver, right-click on it and choose ‘Update driver’.
- If there is no such driver, we suggest updating Graphics driver, Universal Serial Bus controllers, and Sound, video, and game controllers.
Solution 2 – Disable USB Ports in BIOS
You should try to fix the WDF_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error Windows 10 issue by disabling the USB Ports in BIOS and for this, just follow the below steps:
- Restart the computer and press ‘F2’ button to enter the BIOS.
- Once the BIOS Window appears, go to the ‘Advanced Tab> Miscellaneous Devices > External USB Ports’.
- Here, you have to disable the ‘External USB ports’.
- Save the modifications and restart the system.
- After that, a repair screen will appear. Choose ‘System Restore’ option to restore the Windows to the earlier state.
- Once done, again go to the BIOS as stated above and enable the ‘External USB ports’.
Solution 3- Run Driver Verifier
Driver Verifier is an application crafted by Microsoft that administrates graphics drivers and Windows kernel-mode drivers and secures them from illicit modifications. To run the tool, follow the below steps:
- Press ‘Windows’ key + ‘X’ at the same time and choose ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’.
- Tap on ‘Yes’ on the UAC.
- In the Command prompt Window, type ‘verifier’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Once the new Window appears, choose ‘Create standard settings’ and then click on ‘Next’.
- Now, tap on ‘Automaticallyselect all drivers installed on this computer’.
- Once done, tap on the ‘Finish’ button to begin the verification process. After that, you will get a report about the status of the drivers and hence, go through the on-screen instructions to fix the issues.
- After that, check for the solution.
Solution 4- Enable System Restore Point
You may need to enable the Restore Point to get rid of WDF_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error Windows 10 problem. And for this, just follow the below steps:
- In the ‘Start’ menu, type in ‘System Restore’ in the search box.
- Click on ‘Create a Restore Point’.
- After that, tap on ‘System Restore’ button and click ‘Next’.
- Now, choose the system restore point at a time when there was no “WDF_VIOLATION error” issue and after that, click on ‘Next’.
- Is you see there is only one restore point, tick the ‘Show more restore points’check box.
- Chose the restore point and then tap on ‘Next’.
- Restart the PC to complete the system restore.
Solution 5- Use Reimage for malware removal
As we have already mentioned, the “WDF_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error Windows 10” might occur due to the presence of malware or virus in the infected PC. So, you need to scan the complete machine to remove all the pernicious infections from the device. You can do this both manually as well as automatically. The “Manual” process requires much attention and you need to be highly skilled in computer or technology. So, we highly recommend using “Automatic” procedure and for this purpose, you can use Reimage anti-malware program.
Is Your PC Behaving Abnormal & Needs Instant Optimzation?
We recommend you to choose Reimage PC Repair Suite which is dedicated to offer complete options to optimize a PC, fix any Windows error, and remove malware threats in easy. The software is award winning and suggested as the best malware fix application supporting all Windows versions including XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Just 3 steps to avail error free PC.
- Download Advanced System Repair and install on your PC. (Follow all on screen instructions when installer is executed)
- Click “Scan Your PC” button to scan all present issues, errors, junk files, and malware threats.
- Finally, click “Start Repair” to fix all detected problems in next few minutes.
Hopefully, one of these methods helped you in getting rid of the problem. If you have any other solution or want say something regarding this tutorial, you can write us in the comment below.