Minecraft is an open world sandbox survival game that can be accessed through Minecraft Launcher however many users have reported of We were unable to verify what products you own error in Minecraft. This error code can be seen at the top right corner in a big red box and it can impact other version of Minecraft such as Minecraft Dungeons and Minecraft Legends as well.
Upon further research it was found that are multiple causes due to which this particular error code can be faced by users and some of these reasons include unstable internet connection, bugs or glitches within Minecraft Launcher, Minecraft server is down, game not purchased on the current account, or outdated version installed.
If you are seeing the same error code on your copy of Minecraft launcher as well then follow these fixes and workaround that we have listed in the article below to get rid of the issue.
Table of Contents
Resolve Minecraft Unable to Verify Product Error Code
There are multiple factors which could result in you seeing the error code hence you will need to follow each fixes and check works the best.
Fix 1: Perform Basic Troubleshoot
Before moving to more complex fixes you need to check whether the error is caused by bugs or glitches within the Minecraft Launcher and this can be done by simply closing the launcher and starting it again. If these bugs are temporary then it will be resolved after the restart.
If the error persisted ever after restarting the launcher then the discrepancies might be created by bugs within your operating system. To get rid of them you will have to reboot your computer system after disabling all third party startup applications and if the error continues to exists then move to the next fix.
Fix 2: Check Internet Connection
One of the major reasons for the occurrence of these error codes is unstable or slow internet connection. Check if your connection has adequate speed and latency otherwise you will need to upgrade your internet plan. Wireless connection is not very suitable for internet accessed games therefore we suggest you to switch to Ethernet Cable for better connection and speed.
If the issue is caused by your internet connection then you can restart your router or modem to fix the instability. For this you will need to power off the device and remove all connected cables, then leaving it idle for couple of minutes. After that, put the cable back in and power on your device to see if the instability was fixed.
Fix 3: Check Minecraft Server Status
Minecraft runs on server based system and if the server you are playing on is down for any reason then that’s the reason why you are facing this error code. To check if this is the case you can go to the official social media handles of Mojang the developers of Minecraft and find server related posts.
There are third party services as well which you can use to check Minecraft server status. All you need to do is open Web Browser on your system and search Minecraft server status and visit related webpages shown on top of the search results. These are some well-known services such as Down Detector or IsTheServerDown which you can use as well.
Fix 4: Update Minecraft and Minecraft Launcher
Older or outdated version of Minecraft is one of the reasons for the error code to popup and issues like this are fixed with the game’s latest patch or update. Therefore you will need to update your Minecraft as well as Minecraft Launcher to resolve the issue.
To update Minecraft Launcher first you need to launch it on your device and click on down arrow beside the Play button. Now select Latest Release option and it will automatically update the launcher to the latest version. To update Minecraft, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Store from your Start menu.
- Now go to Library from bottom left corner.
- Look for Minecraft and see if there is an update available.
- If there is then click on Get Update button and let it download then install the update.
- Once done, open Minecraft Launcher again and check for the error code.
Fix 5: Create a New Windows User Account
Corrupted Windows User Profile is another possibility due to which this error code can be triggered and if this is the case then the only solution is to make a new user profile. These are the required instructions on how to do so:
- Press Win + I key at the same time to launch Settings application..
- Click on Accounts option from left side menu.
- Now click on Family & other users from right side.
- Under Other Users section, click on Add User.
- Follow rest of the on-screen steps to create a new user profile.
- Once the account is created, restart your system and choose your new profile.
- Open Minecraft Launcher and check if the error persists.
Fix 6: Re-Install Minecraft Launcher
If none of the listed fixes helped your to get rid of the error then the final option left with you is to completely remove Minecraft Launcher from your system and install it again. Follow these steps on how to do so:
- Open RUN dialogue box by press Win + R key together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the empty box and press OK.
- This is launch Program and Features window.
- Look for Minecraft Launcher in the list and select Uninstall option.
- Follow rest of the steps to fully uninstall.
- Now open Web Browser and search for Minecraft Launcher official website.
- Download and Install the executable files from the webpage.
- Open Minecraft Launcher and see if the error code persisted.
Not being able to play or access Minecraft and its iteration due to We were unable to verify what products you own error in Minecraft can be very irritating. Therefore if you are seeing this error code then follow the mentioned fixes and their instruction in the article below to get rid of the issue without any hassle.