“Windows could not detect this network’s proxy settings” is a network error that you might encounter on your PC. Check this article to know what does it mean and how do you fix this issue.
Windows could not detect this network’s proxy settings
A yellow warning sign appears on network’s name on system tray at the taskbar, and on clicking it, “windows could not detect this network’s proxy settings” message is presented on screen.
If you are seeing this error likely you can’t access the internet or the internet access is slow. Whatever the case, you are prevented from doing any activity online.
Automatic Repair Tool for Windows Error
To repair any Windows error, use “PC Repair Tool”. This software has been proven to identify and fix this and any Windows related issues. Below is the direct download link for this software is provided for you.
Today, we will show you a few methods how you can follow to get an easy fix for this issue on your Windows computer. So, let’s begin without wasting time.
fixes for windows could not detect this network’s proxy settings error
Solution 1: Check your Proxy server settings
- Click Windows + R simultaneously to open Run dialog box,
- Under it, type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter,
- Now, go to the connection tab and select LAN settings option,
- See if the Proxy Settings are okay.
Reset TCP/ IP
- Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin),
- Enter the following command:
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
- Restart your device and see if windows could not detect this network’s proxy settings issue persists.
Use System Restore
- Click on Windows+ S to enter System Restore,
- Select the create a restore point option,
- On the opened System properties window, click on System Restore,
- Click Next and check for the list of recent restore points,
- If available, check “Show Additional Restore Points” option,
- Select the desired restore point, click Next and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the restoration process.
Uninstall your AV tool
Using systems without antivirus tool is not a good idea. However, according to some users, your antivirus tool can cause “windows could not detect this network’s proxy settings” issue.
So, it is advised to remove your current antivirus software. If the issue is resolved after the un-installation, make sure you download and install some other antivirus tool.
Click here for the guide how to create a restore point on Windows 10/ Windows 11.
Perform SFC scan
- Run Command Prompt as administrator (check the Solution 2),
- Enter the below command:
SFC scanning process will be initiated after this. The complete process takes 10-15 minutes and so don’t interrupt it. Once completed, check for the problem, if still appears, run DISM scan:
- Under the command prompt, enter this command for now:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
DISM scan will start and it will take 20 minutes or more. Wait till the process is complete. Once done, check if the issue is resolved. If it still appears, check the below solutions.
Reset the internet Settings
- Enter the Internet options through shortcut Windows +S,
- Navigate to the “Advanced” tab and click Reset.
- Here, you can clear your personal data from Delete personal Settings,
- Now, click on Restore Advanced settings (optional),
- Click on Apply and OK to save changes.
Restart your network adapter
If the previous option does not solve windows could not detect this network’s proxy settings issue, you should restart your network adapter and see if this works:
- Right click on the network icon at the bottom right corner and select the option Open Network and Sharing Center,
- Now, click on Change adapter settings on the left,
- Right click on your internet connection and choose Disable,
- Then, right click on your network connection again and choose Enable option.
Turn On Obtain DNS server address automatically option
- Go to Network and Sharing Center and select Change adapter settings,
- Locate your network connection, right click on it and select properties,
- Choose the option Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties,
- You will see option Obtain DNS server address automatically. Click on it and then click OK button to save changes.
If windows could not detect this network’s proxy settings issue appears even after this, move to our next solutions.
Change Proxy Settings
- Use Windows + I short to open Settings app,
- Under Settings app, navigate to Network & Internet section,
- Go to the Proxy (on left) and disable “Automatically detect settings” (in the right pane),
Run network troubleshooter
- Go to the Settings app from the previously described way,
- Now, go to the Update & security section this time,
- Select Troubleshoot on the left,
- Choose Network Adapter on the right and then click on Run the troubleshooter,
- Follow the on-screen instructions to get the fix for windows could not detect this network’s proxy settings.
Windows 10 proxy issues cause many problems. If you are getting windows could not detect this network’s proxy settings error, we hope that our solutions will be helpful for you.
Still, if you do not get the fix after trying all the above mentioned solutions, let us know through the comment section below. You can leave there any queries regarding the issue, any steps and any other issues as well.