Many users have reported about windows network printer error 0x0000007c on security forums. They state an error with the error code 0x0000007c occurs all the time when they are printing a document or install a printer on their system. This is a connection issue where system can’t connect to printer.
Reportedly, this issue has been caused because of recently released update from Microsoft as a part of its security updates. The company recognizes this issue and thus the solution for this problem is available.
The sad part is that the so-called fix seems to not fix the problem for everyone and thus for some out of many the issue remains. In this article, we are going to show you how you can resolve the error message in question.
Possible measures to fix windows network printer error 0x0000007c
Though security patches are necessary, sometimes it doesn’t bode well as they start breaking certain functionality. You can solve the windows network printer error 0x0000007c issue just by uninstalling the update. But, this may not work unless you stop the updates for a certain period of time.
There are other workarounds as well. The users reporting the issue have shared about different they tried. We are mentioning the best out of them. You can choose the one and try next to get the possible fixes. With that said, let’s started:
#1 : Uninstall Problematic Security Update
As said before, one of the ways to fix this problem is to simply uninstall the security update that has caused the error code. This is security update KB5006670. Uninstalling it is so simple, but you will require not only that. You would need to stop the Windows updates for fix period.
Windows will automatically download and install the same updates on your system again and again and you end up to the issue. Thus, stopping the updates is very important in this method. Below are the complete steps to uninstall a specific Windows Update:
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings,
- Navigate to Windows Updates,
- Click on the View Update History option,
- Now, under the Update History, click on the Uninstall Updates,
- In the opened Control Panel window, from the list of updates you have installed, look for KB5006670 update,
- Double-click on it to uninstall,
- Once done, go back to the Windows Update menu,
- There, click on the Pause Update for 7 days option,
- Restart the device thereafter and when the system is active check if is the problem is gone.
#2: Reinstall Printer to fix Printer error 0x0000007c
Another way to solve the windows network printer error 0x0000007c error is to reinstall the printer. Reinstalling it directly will not work as you will have to clear the drivers folder on your system at first and then proceed with the installing the drivers again.
Additionally, you will require running a MSC file to open with the Windows Services to restart a service. Below, you will find complete step-by-step instructions to perform the systematic reinstallation of the printer:
- Open up the File Explorer,
- Navigate to the below locations depending on the architecture of your system:
64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3
32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86\3
- Cut all the contents there on the folder and paste it to the desktop,
- Once done, open the Run dialog box (use Shortcut Windows + R),
- Type in services.msc and Hit Enter to open Windows Services,
- Look for the Print Spooler in the list of services,
- Right-click on it and from the drop down menu, click Restart,
- After that, open Control Panel by searching it from Start Menu,
- Go to the Uninstall a program option,
- Double-click on the printer to uninstall it,
- Once doing that, add the printer and then install the required manually as well by downloading them from the manufacturer’s website,
- This is all, the printer should now work properly and the error message should be gone.
#3: Cancel Driver Installation during the process
If the above two methods do not work, then you can try something slightly wired one. Download the drivers for your printer from the manufacturer’s website. Once the download is complete, run the installation and then when you receive a prompt to connect to the printer through the printer cable, chose to connect to remote printer. Once you do this, and the printer connects successfully, cancel the installation. You would be surprise that many got the error fix using this issue and so you should too.
This is all on how to fix windows network printer error 0x0000007c issue. We have provided possible fixes for you. If none of them have resolved the issue for you, we recommend you once use PC Repair Tool. You can download the tool from here.
This will scan your system to replace the corrupt and missing files. This works in most of the cases where the issue is a result of system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system for maximum performance.