Last night when I was trying to browse the web through my Chrome Browser, I was not able to open any website (Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo etc.) and continuously getting err network changed chrome error messages. I went for several things to get rid of the issue but couldn’t get success. Additionally, my Chrome browser became unresponsive and showing unfamiliar activities – freezes, slowdowns etc. Now, I’m desperate to fix the problem as early as possible. Please provide me a proper solution.
If you are looking for how to fix err_network_changed error issue, then you are at the right place at the moment. Many users have reported that while using Chrome browser, they constantly get error messages which prevent them from accessing their desired web pages. When this annoying message appears, it restricts the screen for few minutes and finally the requested web page is loaded. This dilemma downgrades the internet speed severely and simply affects your web browsing experience. It may occur due to improper modem connection and thus, first of all, you need to restart your modem before proceed to the technical solutions.
The main culprit behind the issue could be the network connection problem. Moreover, corrupt registry settings, infectious application or software, malware or virus can be also responsible for the appearance of “chrome your connection was interrupted a network change was detected. err_network_changed” error message. A hazardous threat sneaks into your PC by stealth along with the third-party program and conducts a series of malicious activities in the background. It messes with vital system files which assure efficient computer processing and causes various pernicious issues in the infected device including this particular one.
If you are one of those users who are dealing with “err network changed chrome” issue, you don’t need to be panic. We have provided some effective methods that you need to apply one at a time and then see if the problem is resolved.
Solution 1- Clear browsing history in your Chrome browser
First of all, you need to delete the Chrome history and see whether the problem is resolved or not. And for this, follow the below steps:
- Open your ‘Google Chrome’ web browser and press ‘Ctrl + H’ to go to its ‘History’ section.
- Now, click on ‘Clear browsing data’.
- You need to clear the history from ‘the beginning of time’.
- Make sure to ‘Tick’ on all these boxes: ‘browsing history, download history, cookies, and other sire and plugin data, cached images and files, passwords, autofill from data’.
- Now, tap on ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Once done, restart the system.
Solution 2- Use command Prompt to fix the problem
Executing flushdns command may also help you fix “err network changed chrome” issue. To do this, go through the below steps:
- Right-click on the ‘Windows’ key on the below left of the screen and opt for ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’.
- Now, type in the ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ command and hit ‘Enter’.
- After executing the command, close the ‘Command Prompt’ Window and check if the issue is fixed.
Solution 3- Alter your default DNS server
Having issue with DNS server may also cause “err network changed chrome” issue. And therefore, you can modify your DNS server to the public on the Chrome browser.
- Again right-click on the ‘Windows’ key on the below left of the screen and this time, select ‘Network Connections’.
- Locate the present network connection and right-click on it.
- Opt for ‘Properties’.
- Now, opt for ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click Properties.
- Check the ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ option and paste these values:
Preferred DNS server – 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS server – 220.127.116.11
- Tap on ‘OK’ to save the modifications and see if the problem still occurs by reopening the Chrome browser.
Solution 4- Deactivate the Proxy servers
Many users have claimed deactivating the proxy servers helped them to get rid of ” err network changed chrome” issue. You can also try this by going through the below steps:
- Go to ‘Settings’ by clicking on ‘Windows Start icon’.
- Click on ‘Network & Internet’.
- Here, you need to opt-out all the options for ‘automatic and manual proxy setup’
- Reopen your Chrome browser and see if the problem still occurs.
Solution 5- Try to fix “err network changed chrome“ issue by resetting IP/TCP
- Select ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ by right-clicking on ‘Windows’ key.
- In the ‘cmd’ dialog, type in or copy-paste the below commands and hit ‘Enter’ after each.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- Close the ‘Command Prompt’ and open Chrome browser to see if the problem still occurs.
Solution 6- Reinstall the network adapter app
Try to get rid of “err network changed chrome: problem by reinstalling the network adapter app. And for this, follow the below steps:
- Press ‘Windows key + X’.
- In the menu, locate ‘Device Manager’.
- Now, double-click on ‘Network adapters’.
- Opt-for ‘Uninstall device’.
- Once done, restart the PC and check for the error.
Solution 7- Perform a system scan
As we mentioned earlier, “err network changed chrome” issue might also occur due to the presence of malware, virus or other hazardous threats in the compromised device. So, you need to scan the complete system to remove all the spiteful parasites from the machine. You can do this both manually as well as automatically. The “Manual” process requires much attention and you need to be highly skilled in computer or technology. So, we strongly recommend using “Automatic” procedure and for this purpose, you can use Reimage anti-malware tool.
Hopefully, you have successfully fixed err network changed chrome issue by applying one of the methods mentioned here. If this article really helped you, please let us know. Write something about this and if you have some more solutions to fix this particular problem, you can share with us so that other users could also take advantages of it.