lenovo laptop high pitched noise is an annoying issue reported by many users on various Online platforms including Quora, Reddit, Forums and so on. .It basically occurs due to technical glitches. This noise is difficult to hear if there is a lot of diffusive sound in the room but, in quiet surroundings, it is noticeable and irritating. Of course, any kind of unusual sound coming from the laptop is not a good sign. And of course, the problem will rise with each passing day.
This whining noise is always “ON” and doesn’t appear to be linked with any specific thing. It makes noise while browsing the web, using webcam, or just doing normal Offline tasks. It just keeps bothering users every time. No matter you are using whichever version of the Windows; Win 10, Win 8/8.1, Win 7 or any other Operating systems; you can simply hear the sound while running the laptop.
Due to the “lenovo laptop whining noise” issue, PC becomes too hot and affects users’ working experience severely. It leads to various unkind problems such as device may take more than usual time to perform any task like opening any file or application, starting-up or shutting down the Window and so on. In worse case, the battery may get blast and you may get physical damage that is unacceptable. So, before you face such situation, you should take some precautionary measures that have been further elaborated in the blog.
There can be various causes behind “lenovo laptop high pitched noise” problem. Some of them are as follows:
- Fan – You can listen the sound from the PC due to having some issue in the PC fan.
- Hard drive – Problems in hard drive may also lead the system to make quiet whistling sound.
- Power supply – If your device has some power supply issue, it can also lead to “laptop high pitched noise when plugged in” problem.
- Modem – Connecting your laptop with modem or other device may also cause various perilous threats including this particular one.
- Malware – Presence of malware or virus in the compromised PC can also be a big culprit behind the occurrence of such annoying issue.
If you are amount those users who are dealing with this whining noise and looking for its proper solution, you are at the right place at the moment. We have provided some effective methods to get rid of the threat. You just need to apply one at a time and then see if the problem is resolved or contact a well-known laptop repair technician
Solution 1- Install the latest Windows updates
First of all, you should update your Windows PC to keep the OS and drivers up to date and then see if “laptop fan high pitch noise” is fixed or not. And for this, follow the below steps:
- Press the Windows button, to go to the Windows Update menu.
- In the search box, type “Windows update”.
- Now, proceed to the Windows Update, check for the newest updates and install the existing updates.
Solution 2- Uninstall and Reinstall the Sound Card
You can also try to uninstall and reinstall the sound card to get rid of “lenovo laptop high pitched noise” problem. To do this, go through the below steps:
- Press the ‘Windows’ key or click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Here, type ‘Device Manager’ and click on the Device Manager menu and expand it.
- Find the “Video, Sound and Game Controllers” in the navigation panel, now, right-click on the speaker driver and then click on Uninstall.
- Check the ‘delete the driver software for this device’ box. Close the Device Manager and restart the system.
- Once the PC restarts, it will automatically locate the speaker device on its own and reinstall the drivers.
- Now, try to play a video or audio to test the speaker.
Solution 3- Use Reimage to remove malware
As we mentioned earlier, presence of a malware or virus can also lead to “lenovo laptop high pitched noise” issue and therefore, you should try to get rid of it as soon as possible by using a powerful anti-malware tool like Reimage. A malware normally intrudes the targeted device secretly along with the third-party application and then performs tons of malicious activities in the background. It ruins important system files which assure smooth PC functioning and prevents many installed apps as well as drivers from working normally. Due to which, user starts experiencing various spiteful problems while running the device including this particular one.
To detect malware and eliminate it completely from the work-station, you need to scan the complete machine to remove all the perilous infections and viruses from it. You can do this both manually as well as automatically. The “Manual” process requires much attention and you need to be highly skilled in computer or technology. So, we strongly recommend using “Automatic” procedure and for this purpose, you can use Reimage anti-malware software.
Is Your PC Behaving Abnormal & Needs Instant Optimzation?
We recommend you to choose Reimage PC Repair Suite which is dedicated to offer complete options to optimize a PC, fix any Windows error, and remove malware threats in easy. The software is award winning and suggested as the best malware fix application supporting all Windows versions including XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Just 3 steps to avail error free PC.
- Download Reimage PC Repair and install on your PC. (Follow all on screen instructions when installer is executed)
- Click “Scan Your PC” button to scan all present issues, errors, junk files, and malware threats.
- Finally, click “Start Repair” to fix all detected problems in next few minutes.
Hopefully, one of these steps helped you in fixing “lenovo laptop high pitched noise” issue. If you really liked the article or you have any other solution to get rid of the problem, just let us know. Write us on the comment section if you have any question or query.