All Procedures To Resolve ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL ERROR In Chrome
If you love Google Chrome to browse the internet due to its fast and efficient performance, you will never like to face any problems with it. However, ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL ERROR in Chrome is one of the mostly reported issue which if appears to you, your mood may get off. Are you facing the issue currently? If your answer is yes, then stop being panic as this article is just going to discuss how you can resolve ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in easy manner.
Talking about SPDY, it’s basically a networking protocol developed by Google to assure fast webpage download to let you browsing the web efficiently. And the aforesaid error simply indicates problem to this networking protocol, as a result you would be unable to browse the web, unless the issue is resolved.
When ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR may appear in Chrome?
SPDY often pronounced as “speedy” is a deprecated open-specification networking protocol which requires SSL/TLS communication security to work fluently. Means, in case if you are visiting a site not secured with SSL/TLS security levels, the eruption of ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR is expected.
The error may also appear on browser if a site you are visiting while being online uses TCP (Transmission Control Protocol). Although, SPDY supports this protocol as well, but throws the said error on screen sometimes. This problem is mostly reported in case if Chrome browser is not updated since a long time.
What are the reasons of ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
As it’s already mentioned, the basic reason for this error to strike screen is outdated version of Chrome. In such instance, if a user visits a page and sends a request using SPDY protocol, the outdated version of browser triggers an old version of SPDY. In ths case, ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR will appear on screen because Google only supports the latest version.
More types of ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR In Chrome-Browser
when our browser started to throw ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR, you may come to see other varieties of this error as well which all basically seems similar. And once the error is resolved, all these errors will get resolved as well. Here are those error messages which you may come to notice on screen:
- err_spdy_protocol_error iis
- err_spdy_protocol_error 200
- err_spdy_protocol_error aws
- err_spdy_protocol_error angular
- err_spdy_protocol_error nginx
Methods To Resolve ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Based on various circumstances on computers, here mentioned some quick fix methods to resolve ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR easily.
1: Update Google Chrome
In almost cases, the eruption of aforementioned error is caused by outdated browser, so updating Chrome with latest version will probably fix the issue. Here are the steps
- Launch Chrome and navigate pointer over three vertical dots in upper-right corner and click it.
- In the opened menu, select Help > About Google Chrome
- A new window will open and check if browser updates are available or is up to date.
- In case the browser will be outdated, it will provide you option to install updates.\
- just click the shown link to download and install updates.
2: Flushing SPDY Sockets In Browser
In case you notice your browser is up to date, still ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR is appearing on Chrome, then you should flush SPDY sockets in browser. Just follow the instructions:
- Copy the URL mentioned below & paste in address bar of Chrome to open this location.chrome://net-internals/#events&q=type:SPDY_SESSION%20is:active
- Click on the drop down arrow in upper-right corner as shown in the image below and click on “Flush Sockets”
- Terminate the browser, and restart it once against after a few seconds.
3: Clear Browsing history (Temp files, cookies, and caches)
Presence of tons of cache or cookies in browser may also be responsible to throw ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR while using Chrome. If this is your condition, we suggest you to clear browsing history with steps here mentioned.
- Hit Win + R key combined to open Run command box and type %temp%
- Hit Enter key to open this system directory
- A Window will appear with tons of small files and directories inside. Press CTRL + A and then Shift + Del keys.
- A confirmation box pop up will appear to seek your confirmation to delete files permanently. Confirm it.
- Now, launch Chrome and hit Ctrl + H to view its history
- Navigate to Clear Browsing Data, select the shown options in image, and click on Clear browsing data button
- Re-boot Chrome and visit the page that thrown ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
4: Using Chrome Clean-up Tool
Also Read: Know how to root Redmi Note 6 Pro
Fixing various issues or problems related to Chrome browser can easily be dealt with official Chrome Cleanup Tool. it’s the best way as well to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL ERROR, all you require is just to install the utility and execute it to scan your web browser. In another few minutes, the tool will fix all errors. In case your installed Chrome version some how gets affected by third party home page toolbars and unexpected crashes, this cleanup tool can also be helpful.
5: Check Antivirus/Firewall Settings
There happens many a times when installed security ends like antivirus/firewall blocks a suspicious page and throws ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Chrome. If this is your case, we recommend you checking out your security ends’ settings and allow the website url as trusted. Also you can allow the site in firewall settings in allowed URL area options.
(We hope you really enjoyed reading this article regarding how to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Chrome without a mess. Do share this article to your friends or relatives to help them being a technical geek. Subscribe Us to be updated about all our latest articles.)