A number of users worldwide have reported about Windows update error 0x80073712 issue that prevents them from upgrading the OS from earlier one to the latest one. This annoying error message also appears while trying to download the available updates. Microsoft keeps releasing new Windows updates on frequent basis that you must install to keep your PC healthy and able to work efficiently. However, this problem might occur to your device after soon after upgrading the OS to Win 10. The Microsoft Windows 10 update error code 0x80073712 is certainly a bothersome problem that you must get rid of as soon as possible.
Reasons Behind Windows 10 won’t update error 0x80073712 Issue:
According to security analysts, there might be various causes behind this annoying problem such as corrupt system files, unethical Windows registry, malicious software, malware or virus and so on. A hazardous parasite silently infiltrates your PC by stealth through several deceptive tactics and starts performing evil acts inside. It messes with important system files that are necessary for smooth computer processing and prevents many installed apps as well as drivers from working normally. It keeps executing nasty acts in the background all the time and causes various spiteful issues inside including Windows update error 0x80073712.
How To Fix unable to install Windows updates problem?
If you are one of those users who are dealing with this perilous threat, you don’t need to be panic. Here, we have provided some effective methods that you have to apply one at a time and then see if the issue still exists.
Solution 1- Run The SFC scan
This hazardous dilemma might occur due to damaged system files. And hence, you should run the System File Checker to scan your PC and fix the issue.
- In the ‘Search’ box, type ‘cmd’. Right click on the results and choose ‘Run as administrator’.
- Tap on ‘Yes’ if UAC Window appears.
- Now, type ‘sfc /scannow’ in the command prompt Window and then hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Once the verification completes 100%, you will possible see this message:
“Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them”
- If this is the case, reboot your computer.
- See if the problem still exists.
Solution 2- Run the DISM scan
Performing Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management scan can help you getting rid of Windows update error 0x80073712 issue as it is very much similar to System File Checker. Moreover, it can fix some system errors that SFC can’t. So, you should also try this by following the below steps:
- Open ‘Command Prompt’ as an administrative like we mentioned in solution 1.
- Copy-paste ‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealt’ and then hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Once the scan completes, check for the solution.
Solution 3- Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Troubleshooting can help fix a lot of Windows 10 based problems. You can also use this tool to get rid of the problem. And to do this, just go through the below steps:
- Press the ‘Windows’ log key on your keyboard and type ‘troubleshoot’. Then click on the result.
- Now, tap on ‘Windows Update’ > ‘Run the troubleshooter’.
- Go through the on-screen instruction.
- Reboot your system and check for the solution.
Solution 4- Perform a system scan
As we have stated earlier, the “Windows update error 0x80073712” issue normally occurs due to the presence of malware or virus in the infected PC. So, you need to scan the complete machine to remove all the pernicious infections from the device. You can do this both manually as well as automatically. The “Manual” process requires much attention and you need to be highly skilled in computer or technology. So, we highly recommend using “Automatic” procedure and for this purpose, you can use Reimage anti-malware program.
Is Your PC Behaving Abnormal & Needs Instant Optimzation?
We recommend you to choose Advance System Repair Suite which is dedicated to offer complete options to optimize a PC, fix any Windows error, and remove malware threats in easy. The software is award winning and suggested as the best malware fix application supporting all Windows versions including XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Just 3 steps to avail error free PC.
- Download Advance System Repair and install on your PC. (Follow all on screen instructions when installer is executed)
- Click “Scan Your PC” button to scan all present issues, errors, junk files, and malware threats.
- Finally, click “Start Repair” to fix all detected problems in next few minutes.
All being well, one of these methods helped you in getting rid of the problem. If you have any other solution or want say something regarding this tutorial, you can write us in the comment below.