windows store error 0x80072efd is an error message that normally appears while using the Windows Update or opening Windows store. It is normally associated with network connection and can occur in both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 PC systems. Many users have reported that when they try to open the store, a message related to Windows Store connection appears on the screen preventing them from downloading their preferred apps. Additionally, this issue can also occur while using a proxy error or a proxy app like Zenmate.
Security experts state that there might be various other causes behind the occurrence of this problem such as malware, damaged registry editors, vicious applications and so on. While installing a third-party program, users often don’t pay close attention and skip the installation process which result in penetration of malware or virus in the machine. Such type of hazardous threats are attached with freeware application as an additional tool and manage to sneak into the device during the installation of main software. The nasty malware ruins vital system files that are necessary for smooth PC functioning and causes various hazardous issues including “code: 0x80072efd windows store”.
Whatever the cause might be behind the problem, we have provided several methods to get rid of issue. You just need to apply one at a time and then see if the problem is resolved.
Solution 1- Fix connection issues
First of all, you need to check the network connection because this might be the issue behind the problem. For this, follow the simple steps-
- Find the network icon that appears at the right corner of the taskbar area.
- Tap upon it and then right click the network connected connection.
- At the end, click on the Status
(Note– The connection status will only be shown to those PCs that have properly connected the internet connections)
Solution 2- Restart Windows Update service
You may need to reset the Windows update service to get rid of 0x80072efd windows update error issue. And for this, go through the following steps:
- In the search box, type in msc, and visit Services.
- Here, find Windows Update by scrolling down.
- Right-click and open Properties and then choose Disable.
- Reboot the PC.
- Now, check out the Services again and see whether the Update is disabled.
Once the Windows Update Service is disabled, you need to delete the Software Distribution folder. This folder contains all the update data contents before it gets on your system. Removing this folder will restart the entire update mechanism. After deleting the folder, you will have to re-enable the Windows Update service by following the below steps:
- Go to the C:Windows and locate the SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Change the name of the folder to SoftwareDistribution.OLD.
- Restart the device.
- After that, go to the Services again and locate Windows Update.
- In the Properties, change from Disabled to Manual.
- Restart the PC again and check for updates.
Solution 3- Update Network drivers
You should try to update your network drivers and then see if “windows store error 0x80072efd” issue is fixed. For this, go through the following steps:
- In the Search box, type in type devicemngr, and open Device Manager.
- Under Network Adapters, find your router.
- Now, right-click on your network adapter, and open Update driver.
- Once the process is completed, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot your system.
Solution 4- Run the Network troubleshooter
In case you are running Windows 10 Creators Update or the latest version of Windows 10, then using Microsoft’s new troubleshooting tool is more helpful. It is very beneficial for solving various PC-related issues including windows store error 0x80072efd. For this, follow the below steps:
- Visit Settings.
- Now, go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot
- Locate Windows Update, and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Again, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot the system.
Solution 5- Switch to the iPv4 network
In case you are dealing with windows store error 0x80072efd problem, you can switch to iPv4 network from iPv6 and then see if the problem is resolved. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Open Network connections by typing network connections in the search box.
- Here, right-click the connection you are using right now (either LAN or Wi-FI) and opt for Properties.
- Uncheck the iPv6 box in the list of the connection items and confirm the selection.
- Save the modifications.
- Now, visit Windows Update and check for updates.
Solution 6- Perform a system scan for malware
As we mentioned earlier, the “windows store error 0x80072efd” might occur due to the presence of malware or virus in the infected PC. So, you need to scan the complete machine to remove all the pernicious infections from the device. You can do this both manually as well as automatically. The “Manual” process requires much attention and you need to be highly skilled in computer or technology. So, we highly recommend using “Automatic” procedure and for this purpose, you can use Reimage anti-malware program.
Hopefully, one of these methods helped you in getting rid of the problem. If you have any other solution or want say something regarding this tutorial, you can write us in the comment below.
Is Your PC Behaving Abnormal & Needs Instant Optimzation?
We recommend you to choose Reimage PC Repair Suite which is dedicated to offer complete options to optimize a PC, fix any Windows error, and remove malware threats in easy. The software is award winning and suggested as the best malware fix application supporting all Windows versions including XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Just 3 steps to avail error free PC.
- Download Reimage PC Repair and install on your PC. (Follow all on screen instructions when installer is executed)
- Click “Scan Your PC” button to scan all present issues, errors, junk files, and malware threats.
- Finally, click “Start Repair” to fix all detected problems in next few minutes.