OneDrive is one of the best option for those who want to save their files on cloud storage for easy access on any computer. All they need to login to OneDrive app or website on any machine via using their credentials, and they can access the saved data. However, it can be a issue sometimes when you try to login tom your OneDrive account and end up to face off OneDrive Error Code 0x8004da9a. Well, this can be quite annoying. And in this article, we are going to discuss how to fix the error in case if you are receiving it on a Windows 10 computer.
How to fix OneDrive Error Code 0x8004da9a on Windows?
Technically, the OneDrive Error Code 0x8004da9a is a sign-in error which usually appears when it’s attempted to log in to OneDrive account, and this can be fixed with steps here included:
Method 1: Fix OneDrive Error Code 0x8004da9a automatically
If the aforementioned error seems due to some internal issues on your computer, then we suggest you to try out with an automatic tool to identify and fix the present system problems automatically. just download and run the app on your machine, and it will fix all possible issues easily.
Method 2: Close and restart your OneDrive appended
Step 1: Closing all OneDrive processes
- Press Win + X keys to open the Start menu.
- Select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the list.
- Once done, type the following command and press enter.
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
Step 2: Restart OneDrive processes again
- Using the Cortana search box, typ OneDrive
- Select to launch the first option from the top by clicking it.
- Login to OneDrive using your login credentials, and follow all on screen instructions to complete the login.
Method 3: Reset OneDrive
- As mentioned in step 1, follow all instructions to close all associated process related to OneDrive.
- Now, open Run dialog box by pressing Win + R key combination.
- In the command line, type “%localappdata%MicrosoftOneDriveonedrive.exe /reset”, and click on OK button.
- Restart your PC now.
- Launch OneDrive again and check if the error is resolved.
Method 4: Using Manage your account option in Windows settings
- Press Win + X keys to open Start menu and click on Settings.
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts.
- Choose the option Access Work or School.
- Choose Manage Your Account option.
- Once the browser opens, click your account image, then click Logout.
- Now, right click on the OneDrive icon inside the system tray and click Settings.
- Inside the Account tab, login to account once again using credentials.
Method 5: Make sure that your personal and work accounts have different login credentials
- Change the credentials attached to your personal Microsoft account to make sure it’s different from work account.
- Uninstall OneDrive by accessing Add or remove program list in Windows.
- Re-install the app once again and log in using your personal account credentials.
- Right click on the OneDrive icon and select Settings.
- Now choose Add an account option under Account tab.
- While entering the email address, make sure to enter only the characters before ‘@’.
- Now, enter the full login credentials for your OneDrive work account.
OneDrive Error Code 0x8004da9a is a common but annoying issue when appears on screen while attempting to log into your OneDrive account. However, this issue can be fixed easily via getting through above mentioned workarounds.