The “Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable” is generally a common error that indicates something wrong with your computer. More precisely, the computer is unable to locate nd connect with your printer. As a result, trying to proceed with the procedures related to printing tasks can’t be processed anymore. Also, the error technically means that there might be some issue with the drivers, UAC or permissions, and so on. So, in this article, we’ll discuss various solutions in order to fix Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable error on Windows.
How To Fix Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable
So, if you are facing off The Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable issue on your computer, then read through here included methods to fix the issue easily:
Method 1: Fix your computer issues automatically
The eruption of The Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable might be due to some internal issues and if you are a novice user, you can try out to fix present problems automatically. We suggest you to try out with an automatic tool here to resolve all problems easily.
Method 2: Reset Printer Spooler settings
Spooler service in Windows is technically a program which helps users to handle printing works. And if this software finds some internal glitches or issues, then it’s possible to see up the error message on screen. In this case, we suggest you resetting print spooler service settings for which here are the steps mentioned:
- Click on Win + R to open Run dialogue box and type “Services.msc” and press Enter.
- In the shown list of services, find “Print Spooler”. Double click on the service and select Stop button below System Status option. And click on OK button to proceed.
- Since the service is disabled now, click on Win + E together. Now, click on This PC option from the left corner of the screen.
- Now, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS. If asked, click on Continue to proceed.
- Select the Printers directory and delete all the files and close the window.
- Get back to Services tab and start the Printer Spooler service, and keep the Startup type to Automatic.
- Finally, restart your device to see if “The Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable” issue is solved.
Method 3: Add printer manually and update its drivers
In case if method 2 fails to solve your issue, try out adding printer manually and update its drivers for which here are the steps to follow:
- Press Win + R key and type “control panel” and hit Enter.
- Choose Large Icons on the top-right corner of screen and click Devices and Printers.
- Find your printer and click on Remove Device option. Doing so will open ?UAC asking for confirmation, so confirm you as an administrator.
- After the printer connection is removed, you will see Add a printer option too. Click on that to connect your printer correctly.
- Now, open your browser and navigate to printer’s manufacturer’s website to download the latest drivers available there.
- After, click Win + R and type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter key to open Device Management tool.
- Now, look for for the subcategory of Printer Queues and click right on your printer’s name and sleect Update Driver option.
- In the next screen, choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Finally, locate the latest driver software which you have downloaded, and install the driver correctly by following on screen instructions.
After the process is done, check if The Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable issue is solved. If not, check the next method.
Method 4: Granting Access to Printer Ports and Windows
If the above methods still fail to resolve your issue, try to change the consent of files in registry editor. Actually, in case if your account has no access to important key like printer ports, then you are expected to encounter the issue or error every time. To solve the issue, here are the steps to follow:
- Press Win + R key and type “regedit” in Run command line and press Enter.
- Navigate to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion” in registry editor window.
- Right click on Devices option and click on Permission.
- Doing so will open a new screen with list of accounts. Find your own and click beside all the checkboxes available in the Allow column. Do make sure you haven’t checked any boxes in Deny column.
- Similarly you need to follow the same process for PrinterPorts and Windows.
- Once done, finally restart your machine to take changes in effect.
Method 5: Recognizing Printer using other apps
Here’s the last method that might help you to fix Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable error. Actually, here we need to identify the printer with help of other applications. For an instance, check through the instructions below:
- Right click on the desktop, and select New > Text Document
- Just type anything in the file, and select File > Print option.
- A new pop up will appear and will display a list of printers installed on your machine. Find your printer, you can also take help of Find Printer option if the printer is not in the list. Doing so will detect the printer and the issue will be solved.
Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable is annoying but common as well on Windows based computers. But this can be fixed with some proper solutions. Above mentioned might helped you to fix the issue as well.