Are you struggling with the DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED error?
Don’t panic. We are here to resolve your error.
We will discuss about the error, consequences of the error, causes for the error and fixes for the above error.
What does this error mean?
This error is a type of BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error which is also known as blue screen error or stop error. Like another stop error, this error will pop up with a blue screen and restarts the computer. Blue screen error can be face by a user due to hardware and software issues.
A user can face the error on different occasions such as while executing Windows driver, execution of Microsoft programs, and installation of any program and while Windows startup/shutdown.
What to Do?
DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED blue screen error is one the critical errors .And this can damage your PC up to the worst level. It is recommended to go for a repair tool which will definitely save your PC from further damage. Facing such kind of errors is not good for your PC health; hence go for Repair tool to bid goodbye to the frustrating error.
Causes for occurring the above error
There can be various reasons for different users. We will discuss all the possible culprits to occur the above error.
- Faulty or removed (deleted) system files after installation of a software or the drivers related to the Windows Operating System
- After the installation of a new hardware there can be system driver confliction which may cause the issue.
- Inadequately configured, obsolete or damaged device drivers can also end up with the above error.
- Infected or Impaired Windows Registry can also create cumbersome for you.
- Malware and computer virus attacks on the Windows system files or Windows OS related program files can also create such mess on your system.
Fixes for getting rid of the DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED error
Fix 1: Check for the Hardware
A faulty or an incompatible hardware can also create such errors. If you are facing the error due to faulty hardware then you need to check out the problematic hardware.
You can also check the RAM slots with the help of Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool. You must be thinking what this tool is and what is its function?
It’s an inbuilt memory testing software provided by the Microsoft this software will check your system memory for several kinds of error in Windows.
To do so you can follow the below mention instructions:
- On your keyboard, press Windows + R key simultaneously to open Run command
- In the appears Window type in, “mdsched.exe” and press Enter
- Here you will get Window Memory Diagnostics Tool window with two choices to select
- You can go for any one of the given choices whichever is favourable for you and once you are done with the Windows booting, the below mention screen will appear
Once you are done with the above process, just for being on the safer side check out the other hardware components like motherboard, hard drive, network adapter and etc.
If all the devices are in proper condition then it’s well and good and if not then you can replace the faulty hardware with the correct one.
Fix 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter
Microsoft has provided many inbuilt software for resolving the minor or major errors. One of those inbuilt software the hardware troubleshooter is one of them. The function of this troubleshooter is to find the origin of such errors and help the user to fix.
You can follow the below mention instructions to run this troubleshooter:
- On your keyboard, press Windows + X keys together to open the Windows settings.
- Tap on the update & security
- Choose the troubleshoot option from the sidebar of the Window
- Then select Blue Screen and press on Run the Troubleshooter button
- Go for the appeared instructions to finish the troubleshoot process
When the above process gets completed simply restarts the computer.
Fix 3: Update your Windows
It is always recommended to each and every user of Windows OS to update their Windows time to time. An updated Windows will provide you with many advantages like new feature, better security, fixing hardware and software problems and many more.
It is true that you can face DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED error due to an out-of-date operating system.
Follow the below mention steps to update your OS to the latest version:
- Navigate to the Windows Start button
- Press on the Settings icon
- Select Update & Security option
- Choose the Windows Update tab in the sidebar of the Window
- Press on the Check for Updates
- If any new updates are available, then it will be downloaded inevitably
Once you are done with the above process, then you can simply reboot your PC.
Fix 4: Run SFC scan
SFC stands for System File Checker and it’s a troubleshoot tool which scans to search all the corrupted, damaged Windows System files and fix it inevitably. It’s a well-intentioned decision to run SFC because a corrupted system files can also create DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED error.
Follow the below mention steps to run the SFC scan:
- Navigate to the Windows search bar and type in, Command Prompt
- Then Right-click on the Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator
- Type in, sfc/scannow in the command prompt and press Enter
- Wait till the scanning process is completed.
- When you are done with the above process, simply close the Command Prompt and reboot your PC
If the above mention fix was not helpful to you to fix the DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED error. Then you can go for the below mention fix
Fix 5: Try to run DISM
You can go for DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) it’s an advanced command-line troubletrobleshttoting tool troubles
troubleshooting tool to fix the system problems.
Kindly follow the below mention instructions to run DISM:
- On your keyboard, type in cmd in the Windows Search box
- Then Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- Then , in the Command Prompt, type the below mention commands and tap Enter after each command:
- Wait till the process gets completed, once you are done then simply reboot your system.
Fix 6: Uninstall the challenging Third-Party software
Most of the users claim success over the BSOD error after uninstalling the problematic third party software. This third-party software can be any software or a third party antivirus itself.
You can also check this out to resolve your DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED error.
Kindly follow the below mention instructions to uninstall the third party software:
- Press Windows + I key together to open the Windows Settings
- Press on the Apps
- Under Apps & Features Window, you will get list of all the applications installed on your system
- Find the Third Party application and tap on it
- Then click on the Uninstall button
- Then a confirmation Window will prompt, just click on the Yes button to approve the uninstallation process.
Once you are done with the above uninstallation process, reboot your system and verify whether the error resolved or not. If the error is still their then re-install the uninstalled software because it was not the expected culprit, then follow the steps to uninstall the other third party software.
Fix 7: Update your Device Drivers
Updating the drivers will not only resolve the DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED error but it will also look after your other system issues too (if you are having any).Because an outdated driver can create a lot of mess for you.
Updating the drivers is not a climbing of a hill; it is a simple method but can resolve your many PC issues. You can update the drivers by downloading the updates from the manufacturer’s website or you can go for an Automatic Tool or you can do it manually if you have technical skills.
You can follow the below mention instructions to update your drivers manually:
- Press Windows + R key together to open the Run dialog box
- Then type in, devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager Window
- Then click on the device type just to expand the section
- Then Right-click on the device and choose Update driver option
- Then select Search automatically for updated driver software
- Finally it will download the updates inevitably.
Note: You can follow the same instructions for updating the other device drivers.
By the above mention method you can update the drivers manually but kindly go for the manual method only when you have technical skills or it will worsen the condition. To avoid such cumbersome you can opt for the Automatic tool to update your drivers.
Fix 8: Re-install your device drivers
Sometime it happens that the driver you updated recently doesn’t get installed perfectly. In such case, try your luck by re-installing the same driver. You need to first uninstall the driver that you downloaded and then install it once again. In several forums and Online sources, many users have claimed that they have fixed DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED error this way.
In the same way, uninstall the problematic software if any from the work-station. There could be certain third-party software that could be problematic and causing this kind of troubles. So, you just have to uninstall any suspicious application that you notice in the “Apps and Feature” or “Control Panel”. Hopefully, reinstalling the driver and removing the problematic application will fix the issue.
Hopefully, I have provided you all with an ample amount of information on how to fix DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED
Follow the given fixes one by one and run your PC normally. You are always welcome to share your thoughts regarding this post on our Facebook and Twitter page. Thanks for Stay tuned till the end. Good luck.