This article would provide you possible fixes for Runtime error 429 activex component can’t create object. You will also come to know various reasons why the problem occurs so that by the next time, you will be prepare enough.
Know about runtime error 429 activex component can’t create object
To understand “runtime error 429 activex component can’t create object”, firstly you have to know what ActiveX components are.
ActiveX refers to be a software framework from Microsoft (MSFC) whose tasks is to make applications (even of different programming language) share functionality and data with one another over web browsers. This add-on also makes the browsing enjoying by allowing animation. As well as, it conducts the task of installing security updates at Windows Update.
The Error 429 could be a consequence of software attempting to access any corrupted files. This could be corrupted registry, deleted OS files, incomplete installation of software or corrupted system files. So, a couple more things have to be done besides the update to ensure the integrity of the system that we are going to discuss in this article.
To fix runtime error 429 activex component can’t create object caused due to PC issues, we recommend you use PC Repair Tool. This software will repair common computer errors, protect your files from files loss, malware, and hardware failure and optimize the PC for maximum performance. Here is the direct download link for this tool.
How to fix runtime error 429 activex component can’t create object?
Generally, ActiveX components run 429 error or other runtime errors which are essentially bugs that users encounter in a specific program. In this case, you would have to find that software problematic and perform its update. This error is frequent for MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, Access or Outlook, with automated Visual Basic sequence scripts.
Also, there could be some other reasons like the program is not correctly configured, problem in Component Object Model due to which It can’t create Automation object and so on. Thus, there are various possible fixes for runtime error 429 activex component can’t create object. Check below the different methods to resolve common problems that cause this error.
Re-register the software
If a specific program is problematic, you need to configure that application correctly. For this, require re-registering the software with the /regserver switch. Here is how you can:
- Click Windows +R to open Run window (Please note you would require admin rights with a windows admin account),
- Enter the path of the software followed by /regserver in the text box, and then click OK.
Re-register the specific file
You need to check for specific file for properly configured if the ActiveX error message shows a special title with .OCX or .DLL and similar file. Usually, re-registering the file resolves the issue. This is how you can reregister specified OCX and DLL files using Command Prompt:
- Pres Windows + X and select Command Prompt Admin (before it, make sure no software windows are opened),
- Now, enter ‘regsvr32 Filename.ocx’ or ‘regsvr32 Filename.dll’ in the command prompt window,
- Then, click on return key to reregister the file.
Run System File Checker for fixing corrupted system files
SFC or System File Checker is an effective remedy for fixing corrupted files. Many system errors are due to the corrupted files and runtime error 429 activex component can’t create object could be the one. So, you get the fix by running the SFC scan. Here is how you can do this via command prompt:
Open Command Prompt with Administrator,
- Enter ‘sfc /scannow’ in it and pres Return Key,
- SFC will then start the scanning process. It will take 20 minute or longer. After the process is complete, if SFC fixes anything, you will see the following message in the command prompt:
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Then, Restart your windows.
Check for Windows update
You should also check for Windows updates. Microsoft keeps a regular check system issues and provides fixes with the update. So, updating Windows with latest service might resolve the runtime error:
- Start menu search box or Enter Windows Update in Cortana,
- Then, select the check for updates option to open the update options,
- Click on the Check for updates button, if there is any update available, you can download it via clicking the Download button.
Undo system changes with System Restore
System Restore will undo system changes by reverting the Windows back to the earlier date. By this, you can return to the date where the ActiveX error did not occur. It is important to know that when you provide System Restore, you will lose all software and apps installed after the restore point date. Here is the step to utilize system restore:
- Enter System Restore using Cortana,
- In the System Restore page, crate a restore point using the System properties window,
- Now, click on the System Restore button, click next and select Show more recent points to open the full list of restore dates,
- Select the appropriate restore point and press Next and Finish to confirm the restore point.
These are some of numerous potential fixes for runtime error 429 activex component can’t create object. Hope so, the above fixes work in your case. If you want further suggestions for fixing ActiveX error 429, please let us know. Also, feel free to ask any query if you have.
Also check, how to solve runtime error 217 Windows