Guest Account is a low-privilege Windows feature available in every Windows system. The latest Windows 11 also provides you the feature to you to move accounts into Guests list.
With the Guest account, one can open files and programs but can’t change any administrative info on your computer. As the settings menu has been article, you might face difficulties in doing this. Don’t worry. In this article, we will describe you how to create a guest account in Windows 11.
Steps to create a guest account in Windows 11?
There are two ways possible for doing the same, namely via Settings and through CMD. You are free to choose any of the two you want. The step-by-step processes for the both are mentioned just below for you:
Create a Guest Account using Settings
- Click on Windows key and I on keyboard simultaneously,
- Settings page will appear, tap Accounts option on the left,
- Now, click on “Family & other users“on the right hand side,
- Scroll down to find “Other users” section,
- Then click on Add Account,
- In the opened Microsoft Sign-in panel, tap on “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information“,
- Next to this, click on the option that says “Add a user without a Microsoft account“,
- Give name to your Guest Account, select Enter and re-enter the password and finally click on Next to complete the process.
When you see guest account appear on Window, restart the device and your guest account is ready for use.
Use CMD to create a Guest Account
Follow these steps to create guest account in Windows 11 using CMD:
- In the search bar, type “cmd”,
- Click on “Command Prompt” and run it as administrator,
- Type the following command in it and then hit Enter
net user Guest1 /add /active:yes
Here, you need to replace the Guest1 any name of your choice. This will be the name of your Guest Account.
That’s it. The process of creating a new guest account on your system is complete.
Now, you can, if you want, perform following options steps for your guest account:
Enter this command to add password to your guest account:
net user Guest1 *
use this command if you want to remove the account from the current user’s group:
net localgroup users Guest1 /delete
To add this account to an existing current accounts group, execute this command:
net localgroup guests Guest1 /add
when the process is complete, close the Command Prompt and log-in to the guest account to your guest account anytime you want.