It is a very common situation that user fails to disable Hyper-V in Windows 10. Hyper V is the best utility that allows users to replace Windows Virtual PC and run multiple Operating Systems in a single device. This tool is definitely not for the inexperienced and novice users. The common error that comes while uninstalling Hyper-V is;
“The changes couldn’t be completed. Please reboot your computer and try again. Error Code: 0x800F0831.”
More about Hyper-V
Hyper-V tool allows its users to install multiple Operating Systems such as Linux, Windows, FreeBSD etc. in a single device. It is very popular among IT professionals and cyber-developers who like to experiment with the OS. With the help of Hper-V, any Windows 10 PC can run other third-party OS and they could run in tandem.
Hyper-V is a very helpful application but still some users find some features missing on it. Hyper-V has some restriction such as lack of Virtual fiber Channel, Hyper-V Replica, inability of live migration of virtual machine from host to other and so on. Hence, many users may think of switching to some other programs.
Many a time, while removing Hyper-V from Windows 10, it shows error message Error Code: 0x800F0831. It asks to reboot the System again and unfortunately same error messages continue to come. If you too are experiencing the similar issue then some simple process mentioned below will be helpful for you.
Process 1: Using Command and PowerShell Environment for Disabling Hyper-V
- Open Windows Key and Right click on it. Select Command Prompt (Admin)
- Type Dism/Online/Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth and Press on Enter
- Follow with exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup command and press Enter.
- Followed by the above command, type sfc /Scannow and Press Enter.
- Use Administrative Privilege and open Windows PowerShell
- In the Windows Search, type PowerShell. Right click and Select Run as Administrator
- Type Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All or better to copy and paste.
- Close PowerShell and Reboot PC
Process 2: Disable Hyper-V Hypervisor
- Press on Windows Key + X and chose Apps and Features
- Click on Program on Features
- In the left pane, click “Turn Windows Features on or off”.
- Find Hyper V option and unmark it
- Save the changes and reboot it
Attention: The steps mentioned above will not uninstall Hyper-V but will temporarily disable the feature. It will get active again once you make Windows Update.
Process 3:Reinstalling .Net Framework
This includes the steps to download the latest .Net Framework.
- Visit the official website
- Download the .Net Framework.
- Run the Setup. The complete process may take some time to get executed.
- After successful installation, try to uninstall Hyper-V
The steps mentioned above can be easily executed manually. You don’t need to use an third-party software for uninstalling or disabling Hyper-V. However, if you want to improve the overall performance of your Pc then it is recommended to optimize the work-station with a powerful tool (Advanced System Repair). This tool will boost the System performance and will automatically fix so many errors and issues with your PC. So, download the PC Optimization tool now.