Airplane is a feature that let user disable all the wireless connections including Wi-Fi, cellular data, Bluetooth, NFC and GPS with a toggle of a button. Windows Operating System has introduced the feature in its previous iteration and is available to use in the latest version as well. User can access Airplane mode feature from the Settings application, taskbar or quick access menu.
Most of the users use this feature when they take their Windows Laptop on a journey. Anyhow, some users have reported of airplane mode is greyed out windows 11 problem. Due to this, they are not able to access the feature from the taskbar menu.
If you are one of those unlucky users who are facing the similar issue then don’t panic. We have listed all the possible methods and workarounds through which you can solve the issue.
Methods to Solve Airplane Mode Issue
There are numerous reasons due to which this error could happen and one of those reason is temporary glitches within operating system and you can fix these glitches by restarting the system. If the problem persists then follow other methods listed below:
Method 1: Restart Radio Management Service
If restarting your system does not work then, you need to restart the Radio Management Service as it is an essential part of the background services that need to be starts itself automatically after every boot. If the service is not working as intended then this might have been the reason. Follow these steps to restart service:
- Open RUN dialogue box by pressing Win + R key at the same time.
- Type services.msc and press OK.
- From the list of services, find Radio Management Service.
- Now right click on it and choose Restart.
- And if the service is not running, then choose Start.
- Reboot your system and check for the issue.
Method 2: Use Network Adapter Troubleshooter
Troubleshooters are tools in-built into Windows Operating system through which user can solve most of the issues including this as well. Network Troubleshooter will help you detect and fix any connectivity issue within system. Follow these steps on how to do so:
- Open Start menu and click on Search bar.
- Type troubleshoot settings and press Enter key.
- From the next window, choose other troubleshooter.
- Now from the list, find Network Adapter troubleshooter.
- Press RUN button beside Network Adapter.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions and complete the process.
- After that, restart your computer system and check if the issue was resolved.
Method 3: Deactivate and Activate Network Adapters
Sometime due to network adaptor issues like airplane mode is greyed out windows 11 happen. To solve this, you need to temporarily disable and Enable network adapters by following these instructions:
- From taskbar, right click on Start Icon.
- Select Device Manager from the list of options.
- Go to Network Adapters and expand it.
- On your wireless adapter, right click on it and choose Disable.
- Right click on it once again, and now choose Enable.
- Check if the issue persists.
Method 4: Update Network Driver
Outdated network drivers are infamous for causing issue and it might be the reason behind this issue as well. In case if you are using an older version of your network driver then follow these steps to know how to update:
- Open RUN prompt by pressing Win + R key simultaneously.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Now go to your wireless network adapter.
- Right click on it and select Update Driver.
- Follow the instructions given on screen and finish the procedure.
- After updating restart your computer to save the changes made.
Updating drivers through Device Manger is inconsistent as well as difficult for many users, so for that reason we recommend you to use Automatic Driver Update Tool. This tool will scan your whole system hardware thoroughly looking for driver updates and automatically update them whenever a new update comes. Just with a single press of a button.
Method 5: Reset Network Adapter Settings to Default
If none other option helped you then the last option left with you is to reset your Network Adapter preferences to its default value. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Launch Settings application through Start menu or by pressing Win + I key at the same time.
- From the left menu, select Network and Adapters.
- Now from the right side window, click on Advanced network settings.
- In More Settings, choose Network Reset.
- In the new window, click on Reset now button beside Network Reset.
- Let the process complete and after its completion reboot your computer system.
- Check if the issue persists.
Airplane mode is an important feature for those users who are always on the go. And if you are not been able to access the feature due to airplane mode is greyed out windows 11 issue then for that reason we have listed all the possible methods and their steps by which you can easily resolve your issue.