Microsoft Office is known for its productivity applications such as Word for making and editing documents, PowerPoint for making presentation, Outlook for managing emails, Excel for creating spreadsheets and other like them. The system requirement requires is not that much therefore it can be used on almost any computer system. The applications or the service provided can be used for both personal and professional use.
These productive programs are very well optimized but they are also prone to several problems and errors and recently user have faced office error code 1058-13 Windows 10 problem which is restricting them from accessing the application as well as files related to them. For that reason, we have listed all the possible methods and solution through which this error code can be resolved and these are mentioned below.
How to Resolve Office Error Code
There are numerous reasons including bad internet connection or an older iteration of Office through which this error code could appear and it can also vary from user to user basis. Follow these methods one by one and see which can get rid of the error code.
Method 1: Check Internet Connection and Restart Your Computer
Microsoft Office require a stable internet connection to work as intended and not having such could interfere or cause error such as this. If you are connected with wireless connection then switch to Ethernet cable for more proper connection speed and check if this solves the issue.
Now if the error persists then you can also restart your computer system than can get rid of temporary bugs and glitches that is also one of the reasons behind the error code and if this also does not help, then follow the next method.
Method 2: Update Office
Often time error code like this gets solved with the latest version of Microsoft Office therefore if you are on an outdated version update to the latest iteration to get rid of the error code. Follow these steps on how to do so:
- Open any Office application like Word on your computer.
- From the top left corner, click on File.
- Now select Account.
- On the Account page, look for Office Update option and click on it.
- Download and install the update if it is available by following the on screen instructions.
- Check if the error persists.
Method 3: Update Windows Operating System
Same as outdates application if you are using an older version of your operating system then this could be the cause of your issue. Follow these instructions to update Windows:
- Click on Start menu.
- Open Settings application.
- From the left side menu, click on Windows Update.
- Now click on Check for Update button from the next window.
- Install the update if available then restart your computer.
Method 4: Update Graphics Driver
Many users mentioned that updating their Graphics Driver solved their issue therefore you can also give it a try by doing these steps:
- Open RUN dialogue box by pressing Win + R key at the same time.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press OK.
- Now go to Display Adapters section and expand it.
- Right click on your Graphics driver and choose Update driver option.
- Follow the instruction provided and install the latest driver.
- After the installation is finished, reboot your computer to save the made changes.
Updating your driver through Device manager is not convenient neither efficient, therefore we suggest you to use Automatic Driver Update Tool. This tool will look through your system for driver updates and then automatically install them with a single click.
Method 5: Activate Office ClicktoRun Service
This is one of the most reliable and effective method by which you can resolve this error code. Follow these instructions to enable Office ClicktoRun Service:
- Click on Start menu and go to Search bar.
- Type cmd then click on Run as administrator option from right side.
- Type the command followed by Enter
- sc config clicktorunsvc start= auto
- Now type this command line next followed by enter.
- sc start clicktorunsvc
- After the execution, close the command prompt window.
- Check if the issue persists.
Errors and bugs are not very frequent with Microsoft office but if you happen to stumble upon Office error code 1058-13 Windows 10 then don’t worry we got you covered. Follow these mentioned methods and their steps to solve the error code with ease.