Snapchat is a social media application which is used by millions on user and the reason is its unique aspect which involves sending pictures rather than a conventional text message. These captured pictures can also be given a new looking using some of the Snapchat intuitive features. One of these features is being able to add filters.
One of the reasons why many call this feature intuitive, is because most of them are created and published by the users themselves. Some filters can add light effect to the picture and some can add various elements such as cat ears or hearts on your face as well.
Nevertheless, not all of these filters are good with your picture and is worthy enough to upload. Therefore, if you are looking for a way on how to remove a Snapchat filter then you have come to the right place. We have listed all the methods and their instruction in the article below which you can follow to achieve your desired result.
Methods to Remove Filter for Saved Snapchat Pictures
On the launch of Snapchat, there was a feature call “Magic Erase” built into the application itself and the purpose of it was to move applied filters for the pictures. Unfortunately, this feature was removed with an update and it cannot be accessed anymore.
You need to make sure that if you don’t have your picture saved in Memories section on Snapchat then it is very tough to remove the filter. However, if you have it saved then you can easily remove or re-adjust it by following these instructions:
- Open Snapchat on your device.
- Head over to Viewfinder screen and swipe up to open Memories section.
- Or you can tap on Gallery icon from bottom left corner.
- Look for the snap you want to remove filter off and tap on it.
- Now tap on three dots icon from top right and choose Edit Snap option.
- Swipe left or right until the filter is removed.
- You can also re-adjust the filter and choose another one from the same screen.
- Once done, tap on Export or Save Changes from bottom left.
Launch your gallery application and here you will be able to find the newly saved picture you have just edited.
If you are looking for a method on how to reverse a filter on Snapchat on pictures that are not saved in Snapchat Memories section then you can use third party photo editing application to remove them. The procedure will take time and efforts as well as results are not guaranteed to be perfect. If you agree on these conditions then follow the steps given below on how to do so:
- Open app store on your phone.
- Search for photo editing application like Snapseed.
- Download and install the app.
- Launch Snapseed and add the photo you want to remove filter of.
- Go through various editing option and according to your own preference.
- After editing the part you don’t want to keep, tap on tick or checkmark icon.
- Now select Export option and choose options accordingly.
The edited result might not be as good as original picture but you have to make do with it as there is no other option to work with.
How to Remove a Snapchat Sticker
Besides filter Snapchat has another feature known as “sticker” that can make your snap more unique and alterative. Nonetheless, if you have added it to your picture and want to remove because it does not look good then don’t worry.
If the picture you want to remove sticker from is saved in Memories section then all you will need to do is follow the steps up until the edit option from method 1. Then tap and hold the emoji you want to remove and drag to the dustbin or trash can icon. Once the modifications have been made, tap on Done button and choose Save as copy option to save the changes made.
Snapchat filter is one of those feature that we use on a regular basis however not all of them are good. Some of them does not justice with our snap and often ask if there is a way to remove them. If you are looking on how to remove a Snapchat filter then don’t worry as we have dedicated the above article on ways and methods to remove them.