Microsoft has changed how driver works on their operating system through the introduction of a new architecture. This change has allowed developers to simplify their work by using a single driver package that can run on a variety of device types such as desktops, laptops, tablets, and embedded systems.
To meet the new standards, Intel is making new drivers for its graphics cards known as “Windows DCH Drivers” also known as Windows Modern Drivers. They are designed to replace the old Intel Graphics drivers in Windows 10’s Universal Windows Platform (UWP) editions. There are few limitations to it as well, such as the new drivers are only available for a limited number of graphics cards and they are not backward compatible.
However, if you are looking for a way on how to update Windows DHC drivers for Intel graphics adapter then you have come to right place. We have listed all the possible ways through which you can install the driver on your computer system.
Check if you Intel Graphics Adapter Supports Windows DHC Drivers
The new drivers are only accessible to few adapters. If you are unsure whether your device has a compatible graphics adapter or not, then follow these steps:
- Right click on Start menu and select Device Manager from the list.
- Go to Display Adapters and click on it to expand.
- Check if any of these matches to your driver.
- UHD Graphics 620/630
- Iris Plus Graphics 655
- UHD Graphics 600/605
- HD Graphics 620/630
- Iris Plus Graphics 640/650
- HD Graphics 610/615
- HD Graphics 510/515/520/530
- Iris Pro Graphics 580
- Iris Graphics 540
Furthermore, your machine must run a supported version of Windows 10. The new drivers are compatible with Windows 10 versions 1709 (Fall Creators Update), 1803 (April 2018 Update), 1809 (October 2018 Update), and later.
How to Install Windows DHC Drivers
On Windows 10, there are mainly two methods through which you can install the new modern driver on the support Intel Graphics Adapters. You can either use Intel Driver and Support Assistant (iDSA) tool or manually download the update package and install it.
Update Driver via Intel Driver and Support Assistant (iDSA) Tool
The quickest (and efficient) way to go from the old to the new Intel Graphics driver is to use the Intel Assistant tool, which downloads and installs suitable drivers automatically. Follow these mentioned instructions on how to do so:
- Open any web browser on your computer.
- Go to Intel Support Website through search bar.
- Find Available Download section.
- Now click on Intel Driver and Support Assistant Installer.
- Accept Intel terms by clicking the button.
- Move to your download location and double click on installer executable file.
- Read the license agreement and then click on Install button.
- Once the driver is installed, reboot your system.
- You will receive a new notification after successfully installing the driver.
Manually Update Driver via Intel Graphics Driver Installer
If your computer system is running on a 64 bit Windows 10 operating system as well as supported adapter then you can manually update your driver. Follow these steps to install new drivers:
- Launch web browser and navigate to Intel Support Website.
- From top, look for Version option and click on drop down menu.
- Select the latest driver available and supported on your device.
- Move to Available Downloads section and click on the .exe link.
- After the executable file is downloaded, open that directory.
- Double click on .exe file and agree to terms of agreements.
- Now click on Next button and follow rest of the given steps.
When you’re finished, the installer will uninstall the legacy drivers and upgrade to the new architecture. If you have a branded device, then you also go to the manufacturer’s support page to get the updated drivers. The Intel Graphics Control Panel will no longer be available after the installation since this component will be downloaded and installed automatically the next time you connect to the internet.
If you find these methods and their steps complicated or confusing then, you can install or update this or any other device driver that is installed on your computer system via Automatic Driver Update Tool. You can download the program using the link/button given below.
Windows DHC driver has changed the way how driver are installed. Therefore if you are looking information and methods required to update Windows DHC drivers for Intel graphics adapter then you are at the right place. Read through the article till the end and you will find the answers regarding all your questions.