Asus laptop high pitched noise generally occurs when there is an issue with the processor of the compromised device. It simply indicates that the processor is dealing with a highly temperature threat. An overheated capacitor in the CPU can be injured severely if it is not taken care of. Moreover, hardware components deficiency or poor CPU fan performance may also cause this annoying problem. Many users have also reported that during this high pitched noise, their systems automatically turn off and take more than usual time to start again. This nasty issue can simply affect your overall working experience because when the noise goes on, your PC doesn’t perform as efficiently as in normal state.
Internet is full of forums where users have stated “my Asus laptop makes a high pitched noise” and looking for a genuine solution. Well, there might be various culprits behind this hazardous issue; one of them is malware or virus. While installing a third-party program, users don’t pay close attention and end up with getting malware in the device. These perilous infections are hidden with the main software and mange to settle down on the machine without being acknowledged by the user. After that, they conduct a series of malicious activities in the background of the work-station and ruin vital system files which lead the PC to face several unwanted problems including this particular one.
However, if you are among those users who are facing “asus laptop high pitched noise” issue and looking for the solution, you are at the right place at the moment. We have provided some effective methods that will help you to get rid of the problem.
Solution 1- Disable the idle processor
- Type ‘regedit’ in the search bar, double-click on it and then click ‘Yes’.
- Find ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Power \ PowerSettings \ 54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b¬740d00 \ 5d76a2ca-e8c0-402f-a133-215849¬2d58ad’.
- Modify attributes from 1 to 0.
- Now, go to the ‘control panel’, click on ‘power’ option.
- Select ‘power management processor’ in the settings mode.
- Here, disable ‘idle processor’
- Once done, check if the “Asus laptop making high pitched noise” issue is fixed.
Solution 2- You need to follow the below instruction to get rid of the problem:
- Remove any dust particles that might have kept nearby the laptop fan.
- Turn off the PC quickly in case it has not already shut down automatically.
- You should also check if there is any cable hampering the fan. If this is the case, fix it immediately.
- May be the existing fan is not working properly. It has gotten some issue and thus, you might need to buy new fan to have a proper air circulation to the device.
Note: After applying each method, see if the ‘Asus laptop high pitched noise’ problem is solved.
Table of Contents
Solution 3- Use Advanced System Repair tool to remove malware
As we mentioned earlier, Malware can be prime reason behind “Asus laptop high pitched noise” issue and thus, you need to perform a system scan to get rid of this perilous threat. Even if you have successfully fixed the problem by applying one of the methods stated above, the malware staying inside the PC can again cause such types of spiteful issues further. And therefore, you should try removing it by executing a system scan. You can do this both manually as well as automatically. The “Manual” process requires much attention and you need to be highly skilled in computer or technology for this. So, we strongly recommend using “Automatic” procedure and for this purpose, you can use Advanced System Repair tool.
Is Your PC Behaving Abnormal & Needs Instant Optimization?
We recommend you to choose Advanced System Repair Suite which is dedicated to offer complete options to optimize a PC, fix any Windows error, and remove malware threats in easy. The software is award winning and suggested as the best malware fix application supporting all Windows versions including XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Just 3 steps to avail error free PC.
- Advanced System Repair and install on your PC. (Follow all on screen instructions when installer is executed)
- Click “Scan Your PC” button to scan all present issues, errors, junk files, and malware threats.
- Finally, click “Start Repair” to fix all detected problems in next few minutes.
Hopefully you have gotten rid of the “Asus laptop high pitched noise” issue and your PC is not making any kind of sound any more. If this article really helped you, please let us know. Write something about this and if you have some more solutions to fix this particular problem, you can share with us so that other users could also take benefits of it.