Appearance of Dllhost.exe application error message while running some programs or starting-up a PC is an indication that your system has some issues. Dllhost.exe is an essential component that is related with a particular application and normally works for Windows OS. It is responsible for helping File Explorer to process, showing thumbnails etc. and can be found in the task manager of the compromised device. Executable files are vital for each application as they tell the PC how it has to bring specific functions. The moment you tap on this file, the system reads the commands made by the software developers and runs it.
Causes Behind The Appearance of Dllhost.exe error Pop-up:
There might be various reasons behind the occurrence of this annoying issue such as corrupt or deleted Dllhost.exe files, invalid registries entries, malware or virus and so on. A hazardous parasite can enter the Windows PCs through a number of deceptive tactics and start executing malevolent acts in the background. It messes with vital system files that are necessary for efficient computer processing and prevents many installed apps as well divers from working normally. This perilous infection keeps performing unethical acts in the background and causes several spiteful issues inside including this particular one.
You often get one of these irritating warnings:
- “Dllhost.exe Application Error.”
- “Cannot find dllhost.exe.”
- “Dllhost.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- “Dllhost.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “Error starting program: dllhost.exe.”“Dllhost.exe failed.”
- “Dllhost.exe is not running.”
- “Dllhost.exe not found.”
- “Faulting Application Path: dllhost.exe.”
- “Dllhost.exe failed.”
How To Get Rid Of This Annoying Issue?
If you are one of those users who are dealing with the same problem and looking for a genuine solution, you are at the right place at the moment. We have provided some effective methods that you have to apply one at a time and then see if the issue still exists.
Solution 1- Use Windows System File Checker
Try to fix Dllhost.exe application error problem by using the Windows System File Checker. It’s a built-in scanner that is able to restore corrupt files and repair system damages. To do this, just follow the below steps:
- First of all, click on the ‘Start’ button and type in ‘cmd’.
- Right-click on the ‘Command Prompt’ and open it as an administrator.
- Once a dialog box appears, tap on ‘Yes’.
- Type in ‘sfc /scannow’ and then press the ‘Enter’ button.
- After that, the ‘Windows System File Checker’ will begin, you have to wait as soon as it finishes the scanning for the system file errors.
- See if the problem still occurs.
Solution 2- Install all available Windows updates
Microsoft keeps providing updates that can help you to fix various hazardous issues hanging around inside the device. An out-dated PC might result in several errors like Dllhost.exe application error to appear. And therefore, you must install all the available updates and to do this, just go through the simple steps given below:
- Right-click on the ‘Start’ button and tap on ‘Settings’.
- Now, tap on ‘Update & Security’.
- Click on ‘Check for updates’ in the right section.
- After that, Windows will download and install all the available updates automatically.
- Once done, reboot your computer.
Solution 3- Use System Restore
Many users have claimed that they got rid of the threat by simply restoring the PC to an earlier date. You can also do that by following the below steps:
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and type in ‘Recovery’.
- Again click on the result to open the ‘Recovery’ option.
- Tap on ‘Open System Restore’.
- Click on ‘Next’ in the newly appeared Window.
- From the list, select the restore point and tap on ‘Next’.
- Now, go through the on-screen instructions to complete the System Restore.
- Once done, see if the problem still exists.
Solution 4- Perform DISM scan
Performing Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management scan can help you getting rid of Dllhost.exe application error issue as it is very much similar to System File Checker. Moreover, it can fix some system errors that SFC can’t. So, you should also try this by following the below steps:
- Open ‘Command Prompt’ as an administrative like we mentioned in solution 1.
- Copy-paste ‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealt’ and then hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Once the scan completes, check for the solution.
Solution 5- Perform a system scan
As we have already mentioned, the Dllhost.exe application error problem might occur due to the presence of malware or virus in the infected PC. So, you need to scan the complete device to remove all the perilous infections from the work-station. You can do this both manually as well as automatically. The “Manual” process requires much attention and you need to be highly skilled in computer or technology. So, we strongly recommend using “Automatic” procedure and for this purpose, you can use Advanced System Repair software.
Is Your PC Behaving Abnormal & Needs Instant Optimzation?
We recommend you to choose Advanced System Repair Suite which is dedicated to offer complete options to optimize a PC, fix any Windows error, and remove malware threats in easy. The software is award winning and suggested as the best malware fix application supporting all Windows versions including XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Just 3 steps to avail error free PC.
- Advanced System Repair Tool and install on your PC. (Follow all on screen instructions when installer is executed)
- Click “Scan Your PC” button to scan all present issues, errors, junk files, and malware threats.
- Finally, click “Start Repair” to fix all detected problems in next few minutes.
Hopefully, one of these steps helped you in fixing “Dllhost.exe application error” issue. If you really liked the article or you have any other solution to get rid of the problem, just let us know. Write us on the comment section if you have any question or query.