Many Users Reported Audio Issue After Windows 10 Update: Are You One Among?
As per reports, there’s a lot of users are complaining that there’s no sound after Windows 10 update installation. They actually chosen to install latest update to their Windows system after which they end up finding Audio function is not working.
Since a last few updates from Microsoft for its widely used operating system Windows 10, the updates have become totally a mess. Taking some instance of some previous updates like October 2018 update deleted user’s files, Patch Tuesday update caused system to crash due to incompatible drivers, and now the latest update has caused audio driver failure resulting to no sound.
Many of Windows 10 users have reported about no sound after Windows 10 update issue on social media platforms like Reddit, Microsoft Forums, and even on Twitter as well. Through, there’s no wordings recorded from Microsoft till yet. According to Twitter users, they found their system audio no longer functional after this week’s patch installation. Their system just tells “No Audio Device Is Installed.”
Take a look on some tweets
@Windows Installed a new update last night and now I have “no audio output device” installed HELP!! It was working fine before the update last night and I need to get this problem sorted ASAP as I’m in uni and need to watch/listen to recorded lectures to revise!!! pic.twitter.com/d5d6kYGf62
— Megan Evans (@regally_evil) October 12, 2018
In response to a Tweet on Microsoft’s Twitter account, the company has responded they are taking into this matter in current.
As per the expert’s findings, the issue is not actually isolated and affecting almost all audio devices or drivers whether the system have Realtek, Intel, and any other audio drivers. Also, some techie users also managed to find solutions to fix this issue with their own. Here comes such solutions that you can also try if you are one among those and facing ‘no sound after Windows 10 update issue.’
Solutions To Fix Audio Issue After Windows 10 Update
Based on collected information till date, here mentioned two fixes that a user can try in order to resolve audio issue on their Windows after Windows update. The first one is actually suggested by a Microsoft employee, however the second one is suggested by a Reddit user who found the method is working. So, take a look over both methods in step by step procedure guidelines.
According to a Microsoft employee, the company has pushed out an incorrect audio driver which is causing the hassles to appear. He suggested to follow the steps below to fix the issue in easy.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in Run command box to open Device Manager
- Find and expand Sound, video, and game controllers
- Take a look to identify Realtek device or a device showing a warning sign of yellow triangle with exclamation point
- Select the device with warning
- From the View menu, select Devices by connection
- Look at the parent device which seems something like “Intel SST Audio Controller”
- Right click on controller device & choose properties
- if you find the driver version is 188.8.131.5255, then you have the driver got sent incorrectly.
- Choose the Uninstall the device, you will get a pop up warning to seek your permission if you want to remove the driver as well.
- Confirm the checkbox to remove the driver
- Click Uninstall and reboot the system after it completes
- The Audio issue should be resolved now
According to what a user posted on Reddit, he has suggested a solution that’s reportedly worked for numerous users. To fix your issue with his suggestion, get through the guidelines here mentioned..
1. Launch Device Manager on Windows 10. Click on Start button and type Device Manager, the option will appear in search result, choose it
2. Find and expand Sound, video and game controllers
3. After expansion, you will see a list of audio devices, look for a device that has SST as part of the name, select and click right mouse button and choose Update Driver.
4. A pop up Window will appear on screen with option if you want to search or browse for a driver. Select Browse my computer for driver software
5. Click next in next shown screen and choose High Definition Audio and click Next again
6. After the process completes, your Audio problem should be resolved now.
Stay Tuned With Latest Technology & Updates. Subscribe Us