Canon scanner software decides how smooth the scanner works on your system. it may possible that your system hasn’t the updated canon scanner version due to which you are finding the problem with its full operation. There could be other factors possible that results into the same issues. In this article, we will discuss about all with the complete guide to solve them.
Canon is well known term in the field of scanners. Scanners with this company are themselves a brand. The manufactured scanners have modern features and advanced techniques that make them the world most sold scanners. Like all other technologies, the scanners may quit working in some inopportune times. This may be frustrating for the users. The Canon scanner users may suffer with scan fails issue because of:
- Simple issue with the connection,
- Problems with the hardware content like glass
- Incompatible Canon Scanner software with the OS,
- Problem with canon scanner driver,
- Device drivers become corrupted,
- Malware or viruses compromised the system
Below, you will find guides on how you can solve the canon Scanners not working issue. You need not to perform all the steps, choose the one that you think the primitive reason for the scanner not working in your case.
Table of Contents
Check the wires and cable connection
It is possible that improper callable connections led to the Canon scan fails issue. So, you should first check whether the power cable is properly inserted. If it is not, then this is the reason why you are facing the problem. On properly inserted the USB cable, you will probably find the canon scanner start working. If not, check if the wires are damaged. Replace the faulty wires and cable.
Check the glass of the scanner
The scanner may not scan your document when the glass of the machine is not clean. Also, it is possible that there is technical problem with that glass. Whitening agents or glues may get stuck to the glass that led to such issues. To troubleshoot this, you should use a chemical agent such as Collin Spray with a clean cloth and clean the surface of the scanner glass. If the glass is broken, you should take technical help.
Incompatible Canon Scanner software with the OS
Canon Scanner software provides you an addition tool for image quality, administration and control and hence ensures scanner easier and streamline the workflow. It improves the scanner’s compatibility and integration with other applications. It fixes Canon scanner not working issues that users found when using it:
- Navigate to the Canon Support and Drivers website,
- In the product type box, type product type,
- Select scanners from the product family box and choose the canon series used,
- Choose your model to view the available software,
- Now, click on Drivers and Software link and select the OS type and version,
- Then, click on software node to perform the download and save it on the hard drive,
- Next, double click on the installer and follow the on-screen instruction to download Canon Scanner Software,
Download Canon Scanner driver
If you’ve recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8, you might see the Canon Scanner not working issue. This may be because the hardware may not have the appropriate driver to run on the computer system. Also, if your system got infected with viruses, you may probably have this driver corrupted. We suggest you update Canon Scanner driver in this case:
- Press on Windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter,
You will on your Device Manger page where you can see all installed devices including the scanners.
- Right click on your device and then check for the update,
- When checking for drivers, you will find updated version,
- Click on the update button that take you to the download link, you may have the files directly downloaded on your system,
- Save and run it on the system and grant the proper permissions as the system prompts you to complete Canon Scanner driver update installation.
If the driver is not installed correctly
If t he scanner is not listed in the application, the device is not installed properly. You need to uninstall and reinstall the driver and then reconnect the scanner.