“Hi Gyz, last night when I tried installing Libre Office on my Windows, the installation went easily but thrown api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error on screen when I tried launching the app. Re-installing application is still not fixing the issue. So, how this needs to be resolved. I instantly need some recommended api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error fix to resolve my system problems easily.”
About api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll is missing error & fixes
“api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error” is actually a very commonly reported dll error which erupts on screen when a software is run or tried to install. In such instances, the programs are based on this dll file and its attributes. And if the file seems missing or corrupt on a Windows computer, it’s expected to receive such errors. Technically, this dll file is actually a part of Visual C++ 2015 runtimes, so if your Windows don’t have this update installed on your computer, you may expect to encounter the error.
Alike api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error, a user can also expect to see other common errors which are relatively associated to Visual C++ runtime, and can be fixed by just installing the runtime application on Windows. Some common error messages which may appear on screen includes:
- “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing” error
- “api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll is missing” error
- “api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll is missing” error
- “api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll is missing” error
In case you are currently struggling with this error and seeking a perfect api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error fix that can easily resolve the problem with this file or other similar ones, this article brings you complete answer. The reason for this error or api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll is missing error, api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll download error and api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll download error, is approximately same, but may also vary from PC to PC. To fix the issue in cases, follow the guidelines included below.
Methods to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error
Possibly, there’s a number of ways or say methods through which this aforesaid error can be fixed easily on Windows, that includes:
Method 1: Installing Windows updates that are currently pending
Before you choose to follow other methods here, you should make sure at first that your Windows OS is updated or is able to solve the issue with its own. Windows 8 and further versions are mostly able to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error with its own by installing KB2999226 update through Windows Updates option.
In most of the cases, api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error strikes screen when this file is missing. But in case if your system have some pending update, then it might possible the file is still not downloaded to your PC. So, we recommend you fixing the issue by completing all pending updates. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Press Win + R key combination to open Run command box and type “wuapp” for Window 8 or “ms-settings:windowsupdate” for Windows 10. Click on Ok button to open Windows Update window.
2. Click the button Check for updates, and follow further instructions to complete install missing updates on system.
3. Once all essential and pending updates are successfully installed, do Reboot your system, and run application to check if api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error fixed.
Method 2: Installing KB2999226 update manually
For users who are running Windows 7 or older, they might not be able to install this update automatically and would have to do a step more to install Visual C++ reditributable update package that contains the missing file.
If you see aforementioned dll file errors, then your system might be missing KB2919355 update alongwith Visual C++ redistributable package. So, fixing the error in such instances includes following steps:
1. Click here to visit Microsoft official website to download the installer package or required update package for manual installation.
2. Once the installer is downloaded, execute the file and follow on-screen instructions to apply the update to your Windows successfully.
3. Re-start your Windows to apply all updates and its changes and check if api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error is solved.
Method 3: Installing Visual C++ 2015 redistributable package
If above mentioned methods still not able to fix your issue, , then installing Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 according to your Windows OS archietecture might fix it. Follow the guidelines here:
1. Simply download the runtime installer package that best suits your operating system and install it on your machine. To do so, first click below links according to your OS architecture to downlaod Visual C++ Redistributable package installer.
vc_redist.64.exe – For 64 bit Windows operating system
vc_redist.86.exe – For 32 bit Windows operating system
2. Once you downloaded the installer, run it on your Windows and install the package by following all on -screen instructions.
3. After the installation is complete, Restart your Windows and see if api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error is gone.
Method 4: Using an automatic error fixer application
This automatic method is recommended to those who are novice and unable to follow aforementioned manual steps to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error. With the help of automatic scanner, the application will detect all problems to your computer and fix it automatically by applying all required steps without any hassles. To do so, we highly recommend you to choose Reimage PC Repair application, that is award winning app and offers all easy utilities to optimize and secure your system. Once installed, it will assure you not to get any disrupting errors further. Just follow the steps below to resolve api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error automatically.
(We hope you really enjoyed reading this article regarding how to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error without a mess. Do share this article to your friends or relatives to help them being a technical geek. Subscribe Us to be updated about all our latest articles.)