Can’t connect securely to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.
Are you one of the millions of the users who are struggling with the above message error while surfing the website. I am considering that you are very much aware of the reason that why you are stuck with the above message. By the above message, it is quite understood that this message is popping up because the site is using unsafe TLS (Transport Layer Security) settings, and if this keep on repeating we need to contact the website’s owner. So, we are here to give the resolution regarding the same and we will discuss the other possible reasons for the same. We all live in a highly competitive world and every minute is precious here so keeping this in mind we are moving forward and we will discuss all the possible reasons to occur this issue.
Suggestions to tackle this message error
Sometimes what we need to do is clear cache and cookies in Microsoft Edge. In case of Internet explorer, you have to reset it.
Steps to clear cache and cookies in Microsoft Edge:
- Go to Microsoft Edge.
- Press on the three horizontal dots in the upper-right of the windows.
- Press on settings.
- Under the clear browsing data, press on choose what to clear.
- Get assured that the browsing history, cookies and saved website data, and cached data and files are checked, and then click on clear.
Steps to reset Internet Explorer Settings:
- Open run by clicking Windows key + R
- In the appeared run box, type inetcpl.cpl, and then press on OK
- In the internet properties, press on the Advanced
- Under Reset Internet explorer settings, press on Reset
- Press on Reset
- Close the Window, after that restart your system
Enable TLS (Transport Layer Security) Protocol
The most obvious and mutual reason for this error is improper configuration of TLS protocols. These are (protocols) enabled by default on windows. But in some cases, if any user or some third party software disabled these protocols, it is quite obvious that you will struggle with this problem. Here are some steps mention below to enable all TLS protocols (TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1,TLS1.2) that will help you out;
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to the tools menu
- Tap Internet options
- Click on the Advanced tab and scroll down to the security section
- Then check to see if you have enabled TLS1.2 or not, if it’s not, then check the box to enable it
- Press OK
- Close Internet Explorer
- Open the edge browser again just to assured that the real concern is resolved or not .
Note: Keep SSL 3.0 disabled, because it is now criticised and if you enable it, it will be quite cumbersome to handle. So get assured SSL 3.0 is disabled in the Internet settings.
Enable Mixed Content in Cortana
- Open the internet properties window by entering internet options in Cortana
- Then, click on the security tab.
- Click the custom level option to open the window
- Then select Medium on the Reset to drop down menu
- Scroll down to the Display mixed content option shown directly below
- Choose the Enable radio button for the Display mixed content option
- Press the OK button
One more thing more pages will get blocked when the Display mixed Content is disabled, enabling the mixed content probably resolve your issue can’t connect securely to this page error. This is the way how one can enable mixed content.
Turn off the third party antivirus utilities
It is observed by the Edge users that disabling their third party antivirus utilities resolved the issue of Can’t connect securely to this page error.
- Click the windows keys + X , and tap TASK MANAGER to open the utility’s window
- Select the start up tab to open a list of start up items.
- Tap your antivirus utility there , and tab the disable button
- Simply Restart your system
Reset the Network Configuration
If you are still facing similar issues and unable to visit webpages, it is suggested to reset the network configuration settings to default.
You have to run certain commands as administrator in the command prompt. Each commands has to be executed one by one. The commands are as follow.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int IP reset
Once the commands get executed, close the command prompt and restart Windows. Now you can open the browser and hopefully you will not any problems like Can’t connect securely to this page error any further.
Update the Network Drivers
The browser showing can’t connect to this page securely can be due to incompatible network drivers. It is recommended to use an automatic driver download that will automatically trace the driver issues and fixes it. All the outdated or incompatible drivers will get updated to its latest compatible version. This is the best way to avoid general errors related to browser and Windows as whole.
The last recommended Step is to Change DNS address
- Open the network connections windows by Tapping windows + R , type ncpa.cpl and then click on ok
- Then , right click on the active network connection , tap properties
- Then double click internet protocol version 4(TCP/IP v4)
- Here you notice DNS server addresses
- Then type in 18.104.22.168 for preferred and 22.214.171.124 for alternative
- Next is to exit the steps by pressing OK. Here, it is recommended to checkmark the validate settings.
- Restart the browser at last
That’s all. Hopefully one of the following suggestions help you out in dealing with the can’t connect securely to this page error, if you have some more ideas to get rid of this then kindly comment below.