ello dear! I think something wrong is happening with my PC. All the time I receive this location is not set up for installing games in xbox error message when I try to install a game using the Xbox. I can’t understand what the actual problem is. Kindly help me.
Windows users use Xbox app to discover and download any new games, play console games on their devices, and connect with their friends and for various different reasons. Currently, the online forum posts are full with “This location isn’t set up for installing games” error occurs while installing new games through the app.
It appears that the issue is likely to be caused by Gaming services. Gaming Services are related to Game Core updates to UWP and Xbox Live. These are responsible for Windows Store to perform will and help it in the installation of large programs.
Several users reported this problem have found that they are missing Gaming Services on their systems. This might happen because they have upgraded their Windows OS recently. Some of the users get the error resolved simply by updating the services.
Another possible reason is that not a proper storage driver is selected for the new apps that are why the problem occurs. In the post below, you will find the best solutions that you should apply to get the problem resolved.
If you do not want to go through the lengthy troubleshooting process, you can use PC Repair Tool that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Solutions for this location is not set up for installing games in xbox error
Solution 1: Check for the Gaming Dependencies
Gaming dependencies are the apps that you should have to install or plays any games on your device. You should check the dependencies of any installation pending and perform its installation to get the required fix:
- Open Xbox and go to the Settings,
- Click on General,
- At the top, you will find a notification telling you download needed Gaming depending for certain games to work,
- Perform its installation and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Update Gaming Services
As said, this location is not set up for installing games in xbox error is likely to be caused due to Gaming Services app. It may be possible that it is outdated and this is why you are dealing with this issue. Make sure you update it and see if this resolves your problem:
- Click on the Start button within Taskbar,
- Select Microsoft Store,
- Go to the Library,
- Under Updates & Downloads section, check for the updates available for Xbox app or Gaming Services app,
- If there is an update available, click on Update button.
Solution 3: Select Storage drive
If the problem continues, make ensure you have set a storage drive for new applications:
- Click on Start button and select Settings,
- Go to the System and then click Storage option,
- Pick Change where new content is saved,
- Under the Where apps will be saved to, choose the drive.
Solution 4: Use Microsoft Store to install the game
This is a workaround rather than a solution. Instead of downloading app from Xbox, you can use Microsoft Store to download your new games. Before performing the steps, make sure you have Microsoft Store account the same as your Xbox Account. Below are the required steps:
- Open Microsoft Store and Xbox app,
- Search for the game on your Microsoft Store and click on install button to install it,
- The app will be shown in the Store as well as Xbox app.
That’s all! We are now rounding off this post on how to fix this location is not set up for installing games in xbox. Hope so, these fixes are helpful for you in resolving the problem. Comment down below in case of any queries, questions or suggestions regarding the post.