e all are aware of the word windows as it is the most commonly used operating systems among the users nowadays. Due to its user friendly interface and availability on a maintainable price it is highly commended by the users. But being so reliable in nature, sometimes windows is unable to update the system, drivers or troubleshoot other issues and resolved them habitually. In such cases, users need to pay a heed on such kind of problems. Nowadays one of the errors that have been detected while updating the operating system is gives an error code of 0x800703e6.The error code appeared in the following format :-
Your device is missing important security and quality fixes
There were problems installing some updates, but we’ll try again later.
As seen in the above message, this error states that “the device is missing important security and quality fixes”
What is error 0x800703e6?
Error 0x800703e6 translates to ERROR_NOACCESS: Invalid access to memory location.
Most common error faced by the windows 10 users while updating the Windows.
Reasons to occur error 0x800703e6
- One of the most observed reasons to occur such kind of error when the system is unable to perform any application. And the other most common reason to occur this error is when the same memory location is used by the two applications.
- Apart from the first option, there can be numerous reasons to occur this error like tainted registry keys. A cluttered windows Registry, empty and faulty entries caused by the unsuitably uninstalled software which eventually causes trouble in windows update-related services. Additionally, the above error may also be caused due to the imperfectly organised system settings and out-dated drivers.
How to fix error code 0x800703e6
As mentioned earlier, out dated drivers is one of the major causes to occur these kinds of errors. Hence before dealing with the error code 0x800703e6 you need to update the drivers of your system. Though these updating will require authentication then make assured that you are the administrator of your PC. When the above mentioned task are execute, you may go ahead with the below mention steps whichever suits you:-
- Solution1: Perform a clean Boot
- Solution2: Perform Disk Clean up
- Solution3: Run the deployment imaging and servicing Management (DISM) scan
- Solution 4: Run the windows update trouble shooter
- Solution 5: Clear the software distribution (windows update cache) Folder
- Solution 6: Upgrade windows 10 using the Media creation tool
- Solution 7: Run the system file checker (SFC) scan
Detailed explanations of the above mentioned solutions
Solution1: Perform a clean Boot
- Press windows + R keys to open Run
- In the appeared dialog box, type in MSconfig and click OK
- The above screen will appear, go for the system configuration window and select the services tab.
- Now tap the Hide all Microsoft services
- Press Disable all.
- Then, go to the start up tab.
- Press Open Task Manager.
- Then, Right click each application, and click
- Close the Task Manager.
- Then, in the system configuration window, press Apply and press
- Press restart when prompted.
- Now try to update windows
- Once the windows is updated, you are free to return back to the normal boot
- Press windows + R keys to open run.
- In the run dialog box, type in MSConfig and click
- Now in the general tab, press Normal start up.
- Now click on the services tab and confirm that you have Hide all Microsoft services option unchecked.
- Now press the start up tab and press Open Task Manager.
- Now enable all previously disabled applications.
- Close the Task Manager.
- In the system configuration window, press Apply and press
- Press Restart when asked
Solution2: Perform Disk Clean up
- Press windows + R Keys to open run.
- In the appeared dialog box, type in cleanmgr and click
- Press clean up system files.
- Mark the checkboxes of the locations you want to clean and then press
- Tap on Delete Files.
- Wait till the files get deleted.
- Now you can move forward to update your windows.
Solution 3: Run the Deployment imaging and servicing Management (DISM) scan
- Press windows + R keys to open
- In the appeared run dialog box type in CMD and press ctrl+shift+enter keys to open command prompt as an administrator.
- In the appeared command prompt window, type in DISM/Online/Clean up image/Scan Health and press the ENTER
- Now type in DISM/Online/Clean up image/ Restore Health and press the ENTER key
- Close the command prompt and restart your system
- Now you can simply update your system.
Solution 4: Run the windows update trouble shooter
- Right click the windows start menu and press
- In the appeared setting window, choose update & security.
- Now in the left pane, press
- Then press additional trouble shooters.
- Press windows update and tap on Run the trouble shooter.
- The trouble shooter gets selected and applies a fix automatically.
- Now you can simply update your windows.
Solution 5: Clear the software distribution (windows update cache) Folder
- Press windows + R keys to open run.
- In the appeared run dialog box, type in CMD and press ctrl +shift+ Enter keys to open command prompt as an administrator.
- In the appeared command prompt windows, type in net stop wuauserv and tap Enter to stop windows update service.
- Now , type in rd/s/q%systemroot%\Software Distribution and tap Enter to update clear the update cache folder
- Then, type in net start wuauserv to reboot the windows updates service.
- Close the command prompt get ahead to update your windows.
Solution 6: Upgrade windows 10 Using the Media Creation Tool
- Visit Microsoft’s Download Windows 10 Web Page.
- Press on Download tool now.
- Once the above mention task is done, run the Media creation tool.
- Now, accept the license agreement.
- Make sure that you have ticked the upgrade this PC option and then press
- Now, accept the windows 10 license agreement.
- Now here in this step, if you want to keep your previous important data you can go for it but if you want a clean installation of windows 10 , press the change what to keep button to customize the installation settings .
- Select what to keep and tap
- Now, press install and the setup will start upgrading windows 10.
Solution 7: Run the system File Checker (SFC) scan
- Press windows+ R keys to open run.
- In the appeared run dialog box, type in CMD and press ctrl+shift+Enter keys to open command prompt as an
- Now , in the command prompt window , type in SFC/ ScanNow and tap Enter
- Now, close the command prompt and restart your system.
- After that, simply update windows.‑‑‑‑
Hopefully, the solution mentioned above fixed your problem (Windows update error 0x800703e6). However, if you are one of those novice users having no technical skills or expertise and finding it difficult to execute these steps, it is better that you try using an automatic PC repair tool. Actually, you can easily notice that there are multiple steps to fix and some of them are quite cumbersome. If it goes wrong then things can get worse. On the other hand, go for the above steps only if you have technical skills and expertise and precision to execute such multiple steps.
All the possible methods and steps to fix Windows update error 0x800703e6 has been broadly discussed here. Do give your thoughts in the comment section and write us your experience dealing with Windows update error 0x800703e6 error.