Do you notice ‘CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED’ error message on your computer screen whenever you boot up your work-station. It’s a dangerous blue screen of death situation where you can’t log in to your system in a normal way. Whenever you will try to boot up your system, the same quoted message will flash on your screen at regularly interval and System crashes down again and again. Usually, this BSOD error is termed as ‘0x000005A’ that appears just below the main error notification.
Possible Ways of CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED 0x000005A error appearing on the screen:
- CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED and this result in windows crash
- STOP error 0x5A: CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED
- A problem has been encountered Windows has been shut down to prevent the computer from being corrupted
- The CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED bug check has a value of 0x0000005A
Reasons of critical service error
- Whenever there is a missing or corrupted device driver in the work-station, this type of error is most common to occur.
- Whenever system face compatibility issue with a newly installed hardware or driver, the same error appears.
- Damaged and unresponsive system files also causes BSOD error frequently
Impact of Critical Service Failed error ‘0x000005A’
As mentioned earlier, CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED ERROR doesn’t let the users to boot up the PC or access the Windows OS. The applications slows down and don’t respond to other connected devices. You PC gets freeze continuously while performing any casual tasks. Hence it becomes impossible to perform day-to-day activities. Hence you must take quick steps to fix this fatal issue at the earliest.
Some methods are mention below to fix the critical service failed message on windows
- Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
- Run Offline SFC scan.
- Rebuild BCD and MBR.
- Update your device drivers.
- Run System Restore.
- Run start-up Repair.
- Repair Windows Installation using ISO.
The best way to fix CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED 0x000005A error is to scan the PC with an automatic repair tool. With the advanced scanning algorithm and programming logics, this type of Windows error can fixed very easily.
Discussion of the above methods in details
We can tackle this error by using the disable driver signature enforcement option at the advanced start-up options screen. Following this step will help you to install and use drivers not officially signed and probably helped you out to overcome this error.
Some steps are mention below to enable the disable driver signature enforcement.
- first of all boot your system and when Windows is loading, turn it off immediately. Continue this step until Preparing Automatic Repairmessage appears on the screen.
- Then from the given options menu, click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
- In the next step, you will have to click on the ‘Advanced options’ and then you have to press the start-up setting options.
- Then after, click on the restart button on the coming screen
- In the next step, click 7 or F7 in order to activate the ‘Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option’. Now when you restart the PC, the Driver Signature Enforcement option will be disabled by default.
The above mentioned steps will help you to overcome your error, but it’s not like that the issue have been permanently resolved , you may face the same trouble when you restart your system, so here we have some methods to get rid of this issue permanently.
Run offline SFC Scan
A corrupted system files also leads to this error. So try to run System File Checker (SFC) to fix the problem. It will substantiate all your system files and will make every effort to fix or repair.
You can also execute an offline SFC by using the below mentions steps:-
- In the first step we need to turn on and turn off the system when the windows is booting. Repeat this job until the Preparing Automatic Repair Screen is appeared.
- In the second step, select the troubleshoot option and then click on the Advanced options.
- Then go to command prompt option on the appeared screen.
- After that, choose your user account and enter and attest your password.
- And you have to select the continue button to float the command prompt.
- At last, to run offline SFC scan , you have to enter the below mention command:
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\Windows
Eventually, let the command enforce completely and after that restart your system and hopefully you will not see Critical_Service_failed error in future.
Rebuild BCD and MBR
BCD (Boot Configuration Data) helps in storing the boot configuration framework to start windows. In situation when the configuration file is corrupted result in this error, in that case, we can attempt transformation of BCD to fix the situation. So you may follow the below processes.
First of all, just boot into Advanced Recovery Mode and after that launch the command prompt by using the following steps as method:
- Type and enter the bootrec/rebuildbcd command in the CMD and then click the OS to supplement to BCD. On the other hand, you can also use the BCD boot tool for this process. And then hopefully building BCD supports you to overcome the error.
You can also opt rebuilding Master Boot Record(MBR) if the MBR is tainted and is causing CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED BSOD error.
Launch the command prompt from Advanced start-up options, then you can enter the below mention command one by one:
Once the commands are implemented entirely, exit the command prompt and restart your system. We hope you will not face CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED_ERROR in future anymore.
Update your device drivers
One of the major reasons for such kind of issue is corrupt or unsuited drivers. In such case, you can go for updating your device drivers and then you can check out whether the issue is resolved or not. Opt for the Advanced Recovery Mode to update your device drivers whenever you are unable to access your system. Some steps are suggested below:
- First of all, enter the Advanced Recovery Mode following the steps mentioned earlier.
- After that, select Advanced Options on the Automatic Repair Screen.
- Then, tap the troubleshoot option and select Advanced Options.
- Then press on the start-up setting option, then from the appeared screen, click on the restart
- Then click 5 on your keyboard to activate the Enable Safe Mode With Networking
- Lastly, you are free to update your device drivers.
In order to update your device driver manually, follow these steps as settings >updates & security> windows update and then choosing the optional updates option. Here you will find the updates for all your drivers. Just go for the driver you want to update and tap the Download and Install button to install driver updates.
In case if you find this manual steps complex and cumbersome then it is better to opt for driver update software that will automatically update the drivers of your system without any manual involvement. Next is to restart your system and check whether the issue is resolved or not after the above mentioned practice.
Run system Restore
Here we will discuss another method of resolving such kind of error that is system restore. This will help your system to regain its original state when your system was free from such irritating errors. It is quite helpful for you in many ways and it simply resolves most of the PC errors. Hence, few steps are mention below to perform a system restore:-
- In the first step, boot into Advanced Recovery Mode using the steps mentioned earlier.
- Then, on the Automatic Repair Screen, click on advanced options.
- Press on troubleshoot>Advanced options.
- After that, tap on the system restore
- Lastly , you can go for the onscreen monitor to run the system restore and verified if the CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED error is fixed.
Run start-up Repair
Unfortunately, if any of the above mentioned practice doesn’t give you a satisfactory solution then you can go for the Running Start Repair to overcome this CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED error. To execute the start-up repair, firstly you need to boot into Advanced Start-up options, and after that go for choose an option screen, tap on the troubleshoot option. Now click on the Advance options>Automatic> Start-up repair option. Now, your account name and password will be required, provide this information and tap on continue. Now start-up repair will run and this will probably fix your error.
Repair windows Installation using ISO
If you are still stuck with the CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED error even after trying all the above mentioned methods and repairing windows installation is your last route. On adopting this method, the corrupted windows will be fixed and it will surely help you out to tackle this error permanently. First of all download windows ISO from the official Microsoft website and repair windows computer using bootable installation USB.
Well that’s all. Hopefully, you will not see CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED error on your Windows work-station again. If you found this article worthy then do let us know in the comment section. If have some additional steps or suggestion to fix this problem then do give your valuable thoughts.