mfplat.dll windows 10 fix is necessary because it prevents users from using video streaming services like PLEX. Many users have reported that after the update in Windows 10, they began to encounter error messages stating that ‘mfplat.dll missing’. This Dll file is related with Windows Media Future pack and the main reason behind the appearance of this error message is because your PC is using Windows N. This variant of the OS doesn’t comprise the Microsoft Media Future pack by default. And hence, it keeps informing you about the missing file and stopping you from using particular apps.
The error pop-up includes the following message:
You possibly have Windows N. Please install the Media Future Pack by Microsoft to enable video support! (Google: Media Future Pack Windows 10/8.1/7).
According to the reports, there might be various causes behind the occurrence of the “mfplat.dll was not found windows 10” issue such as running specific video games that also use Microsoft Media Future pack, corrupt Windows registry, hazardous applications, malware and so on. While installing a third-party program, users often don’t pay close attention and end up getting malicious threats inside along with the main software. The nasty parasite ruins vital system files that are essential for smooth computer processing and prevents many installed apps as well as drivers from functioning in an appropriate manner.
However, there might be many other reasons behind the “mfplat.dll free download windows 10” issue since that have been listed below:
- You have manually rejected the installation of Media Future Pack.
- Probably Windows Update deactivated the Media Playback service.
- The recent version of Media Playback service requires a Windows update.
However whatever the main culprit behind “mfplat.dll missing windows” issue is, we provided some effective methods to get rid of the problem. You just need to apply one at a time and then see if the issue is fixed.
Solution 1- Enable Media Playback by using Command Prompt
- Hold ‘Windows’ key and press ‘R’ at the same time.
- Once the ‘Run’ box appears, type in ‘cmd’.
- Now, press ‘Ctrl + Shift + Enter’.
- Click ‘Yes’ in UAC Window.
- Copy-paste the command given below and then press ‘Enter’.
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:MediaPlayback
- Close Command prompt and then reboot the PC.
Solution 2- Install Media Future Pack on Windows N
In case your computer is using Windows N, you need to install the Media Future Pack yourself for mfplat.dll windows 10 fix since this version of Windows doesn’t include the application. And for this, follow the below steps:
Step 1- Identify Windows version
- In the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘About’.
- Now, opt for ‘About this PC’ and open ‘About’ tab.
- Locate ‘Windows Specifications’ section and see if your device is using 10 N.
Step 2- Download and install Media Future Pack
- Download the ‘Media Future Pack’
- Now, press ‘Confirm’
- Wait until the download is completed.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions after ‘Double-click’ on the payload.
- Restart the system.
Solution 3- Use windows.old Folder for mfplat.dll windows 10 fix
In order to get rid of the problem, you can also use the windows.old Folder and for this, go through the simple steps given below:
- First of all, go to the ‘System drive’ and then find ‘windows.old’ folder. This folder contains a copy of your old OS and other related contents.
- Now, double-click on ‘windows.old’ folder and once it opens, visit ‘syswow64’ folder.
- Here, inside the ‘syswow64’ folder, you will get the copy of ‘mfplat.dll file’. You need to copy and paste the dll file into the ‘C:\ windows \ syswow64’.
- At the end, restart the PC and see if the problem is resolved.
Solution 4- Try to fix the problem by Reimage anti-malware problem
mfplat.dll windows 10 fix may need a system scan in case you haven’t succeed with all these methods. Even if you have successfully fixed the problem by applying one of the solutions stated above, the issue can still occur if there is malware staying inside the PC, And therefore, you should try removing it by performing a system scan. You can do this both manually as well as automatically. The “Manual” process requires much attention and you need to be highly skilled in computer or technology. So, we strongly recommend using “Automatic” procedure and for this purpose, you can use Reimage anti-malware tool.
Is Your PC Behaving Abnormal & Needs Instant Optimzation?
We recommend you to choose Reimage PC Repair Suite which is dedicated to offer complete options to optimize a PC, fix any Windows error, and remove malware threats in easy. The software is award winning and suggested as the best malware fix application supporting all Windows versions including XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Just 3 steps to avail error free PC.
- Download Reimage PC Repair and install on your PC. (Follow all on screen instructions when installer is executed)
- Click “Scan Your PC” button to scan all present issues, errors, junk files, and malware threats.
- Finally, click “Start Repair” to fix all detected problems in next few minutes.
Hopefully you have gone through mfplat.dll windows 10 fix by applying one of the methods mentioned here. If this article really helped you, please let us know. Write something about this and if you have some more solutions to fix this particular problem, you can share with us so that other users could also take benefits of it.