Headphones are an essential when using your computer because without it the experience is incomplete. But multiple users have reported the issue related to Bluetooth Headphones when connecting it to their Windows Operating System.
When trying to connect, it shows as two devices in Windows settings. This is having a negative impact on the audio quality as well as frequent disruption when using multiple programs with audio sources. If you are having the same issue then do not panic, we have listed all the workarounds and methods to solve the Bluetooth headphones show up as two devices windows 10 issue.
Table of Contents
How to Resolve Bluetooth Headphone Issue:
Method 1: Reboot your Computer
Numerous times, these issues occur due to some temporary glitches or bugs within your Windows Operating System. To get rid of this issue you can perform a clean reboot of your computer.
Power Off your computer completely and remove the power socket. Now wait for couple of minutes and then Power On your computer. In Addition, you can restart your headphones as well to eliminate the possibility of connection issues.
Method 2: Disable and Re-enable Bluetooth
Turning “Off” and then turning “On” your Bluetooth can sometime get rid of this issue. To do so:
- Press Win + I key together to open Settings
- Go to Bluetooth & Devices from the left menu.
- To disable, click the Bluetooth.
- Restart your PC.
- Again open Settings and go to Bluetooth & Devices.
- Click the Bluetooth toggle again to enable.
- Connect your headphones and check if the issue persists.
Method 3: Run Windows Bluetooth Troubleshooter
Microsoft has kitted its Windows Operating System with various troubleshooters to tackle issue like this. You can use this tool to detect and resolve the issue automatically. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open Settings application from Start menu.
- Navigate to System and scroll to Troubleshoot.
- Click Other Troubleshooters from the option page.
- In Others, click Bluetooth.
- Press Run button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the procedure to complete.
Method 4: Turn Off Audio Enhancement
Windows offer audio enhancement feature in-built into Windows Operating System that optimize the output sound. However it is notorious for having issues and troubles, turning it off can solve the issue. To disable:
- Launch Settings application.
- Select System then click Sound
- Choose Speakers to open properties.
- Toggle Spatial Sound and Enhance Audio.
- Go to Sounds and check your headphones have default input and default output.
Method 4: Examine Bluetooth Services
Often times due to services being disabled or stopped became the cause of the issue. To check if the services are running or not, follow these steps:
- Press Win + R to open Run Dialogue box.
- Type services.msc and click OK.
- Check if these services are running or not
- Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service
- Bluetooth Support Service
- Bluetooth User Support Service
- If any of them is not running then, double click on it or them.
- Go to Properties and in Service Status click Start.
- Apply the settings and reboot your computer.
Method 5: Update Bluetooth Drivers
Outdated drivers can cause instability within the system and the hardware connected to it. Update your drivers to remove these discrepancies. To update Bluetooth driver, follow these instructions:
- Open RUN dialogue box by pressing Win + R key together.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Navigate to Bluetooth.
- On your Bluetooth Driver right click.
- Select Update Driver.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to check and download the latest update.
- After Installation of the update, reboot your computer.
Manually updating your hardware devices can some sometime be time consuming as well as complex for normal users therefore, we suggest you to use driver solution tool. Our tool provides automatically scan your system with problematic as well as outdated drivers and update them with a single mouse click.
If your Bluetooth headphones show up as two devices windows 10 then don’t worry there are lot of users having these issues. We have mentioned all the possible fixes as well as instructions related to it. Follow these methods and resolve your issue.