The latest variant of Windows OS Win 10 came into existence back in 2015; many users have installed it by getting its product key from Windows store. Since then, it has been used by millions of users globally without any issues regarding the OS. But, gradually, people started complaining that they are getting “Your windows license will expire soon” error while surfing the web that severely affect their web sessions as well as their Offline tasks. This issue have put novice users into consideration whether their operating system is fine or has some threats.
This annoying message keeps appearing to those users’ systems who have not upgraded the product key of previous Windows versions. “Your windows license will expire soon” error pop-ups simply ruin user’s system running experience because this leads to various pernicious issues. Due to this, PC begins restarting from time to time; it starts responding slower than ever before and takes more than usual time to complete any task like opening any file or application, starting-up or shutting down the Window and so on. Moreover, users lose their non-saved data or even crucial files. The error message that appears is:
Your windows license will expire soon
You need to activate Windows in Settings
After that, users are urged to enter the product key by going to the settings which is indeed rejected at most of the occasions.
“Your windows license will expire soon” error pop-up generally appears when the free three months trial version is about to the end and device identifies the upgraded OS as the essential installation of Winnows Operating System. These pop-ups can really be very bothersome and can lead to various pernicious issues as we already mentioned. While having this threat in your work-station, you may have to deal with some other vicious like frequent system crash, hard drive failure, boot errors, data loss, application malfunctioning and so on. And hence, you must fix this problem as soon as possible and for this; just follow the simple steps given below carefully:
Table of Contents
Solution 1. Find your product key by Command Prompt
- Visit Command Prompt (admin)
- Write In wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey and press Enter
- Type in your key
- As soon as the error takes place again, go to the settings and enter the activation key
Sometimes users can’t get the endpoint through the error. You can fill the code via Settings manually
- Right click on start button and select Settings
- Visit Update and Security > Activation
- Select Change product key
- Fill the code and hit Next
Solution 2. Restart Windows Explorer process
Restarting Windows Explorer can be very helpful in getting rid of “Your windows license will expire soon” error messages. And to do so, just go through the following steps:
- Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
- Right-click on Windows Explorer process and then press End task
- Then, press Windows key + R, type exe and click OK
- Open Command Prompt (admin) and for this, type cmd into the search box and right-click on the results and then choose Run as administrator
- Type in slmgr –rearm and press Then restart your system
- In case the earlier command didn’t help use slmgr /upk and hit Enter, restart the device later on
Solution 3. Disable Windows License Manager Service
Disabling Windows License Manager Service can help you fix “Your windows license will expire soon” error. To do so, just go through these simple steps:
- HitWindows key + R and write in msc
- Look for Windows License Manager Service, right-click on it and tap Properties
- As soon as Properties Windows appears, select Disabled under the Startup type, then hit the Stop button to end it and click OK
Solution 4. Reset your System through Media Creation Tool
Resetting the device via Media Creation Tool can be also helpful to update the PC and fix “Your windows license will expire soon” error. Many users have reported that they used the tactic and got rid of the issue effectively. However, you need to be very careful while going through this process as it needs a proper expertise in Computer to do such critical activity. Any fault may lead to other pernicious troubles.
Solution 5. Fix “Your windows license will expire soon” error by modifying your group policy
Many users have reported that they have got rid of the “Your windows license will expire soon” error via changing the PC’s group policy. You can also try this method and for this, follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows Key + R then type inmsc and press the Enter key. After that, the Local Group Editor Windows will appear
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update in the left pane
- Double-click on No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations again in the left pane
- Select Enabled and tap on the Apply and OK to save all the changes.
Solution 6. Scan your PC for errors
“Your windows license will expire soon” error can also be occurred due to System errors as it is responsible for various types of issues or threats in the work-station. In order to get rid of PC errors, we recommend you to download and install powerful Advanced System Repair Tool and scam the work-station as soon as possible. This application is powerful enough to solve all such types of troubles as it has a built-in database that contains more than 25000 genuine up-to-date Windows files. These files can be deployed into the contaminated PC which will certainly help user to get rid of this threat and run the machine without any further issues.